problem with mix a mouse

amethyst

Banned
I made my first mouse lastnight used 150ml of water, strawberry pack and 1 scoop of mix a mouse, i put it in my blender and blended for about 1 minute, then pulsed .. then i put it in the fridge for 10 mins ok it was abit mousey but it had bits in it? gelatine bits i think... like rubber..

where did i go wrong?

am worried cus i want to make the jelly now :(

I just feel so sorry for this poor mouse you are mixing.......;)

Maye the mousse mix would be better LOL!!!!:D

Seriously tho, hope you manage to sort it, as the mousse is lovely, a real diet saver once it works well. I think Ice Moose had a thread on it once, (No idea how to find it, sorry) and I followed his instruction to the letter with no problems. Hopefully, a less hopeless Mini will be along to help!!

Good Luck!

hiya,
open a shake pack, add a scoop mix a mousse into open pack , fold top over and shake vigorously for a minute.
pour into a jug and add 170 mls water (every little helps with daily water intake, lol) and blend for about 2 minutes.
pour into a dish and leave in fridge for 10 minutes until set.
should be lumpfree using this method.
i make a chocolate trifle every day using a tetra brik or a mixture of chocolate and butterscotch shakes and half litre jelly.
deliciousnessssss.
cherylxx

I have just made some Banana Mousse for tomorrow, I made it into a paste as someone has said to do, but still had some lumps in. :confused:

I used to make the mousse's all the time the 1st time I was on CD & I cant remember how I used to make them before with no lumps, Totally forgot its that long ago, so how does everyone make theirs???

xx

Catito & cheryl are right.
mix the shake powder & mousse powder together dry. This prevents the mousse from clagging up your blender or making sticky little lumps in the mousse.
done lie this I've found you can get 250ml of water into it & it still sets really firm & yummy

Back