Propoints as Calories

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Afternoon!

Does anyone know what the equivalent of say 29pp is in calories please?

Or how to work it out?

Many thanks

Hey it's kinda like 40 calories is 1 propoints,

Well that's how I work it out

Thanks, that makes 29 dailies 1160 calories

thank you!

Finally I can understand weeklies!

So 26 x 7 = 182 plus 49 = 231 x 40 calories = 9240 a week / 7 days = 1320 calories average per day which is similar to other advice for my height and weight. I can be less nervous about eating them now.

I didn't think there was a straightforward conversion. You can have two items the same calories that have different propoints, because the propoints are not worked out on calories, but the combination of protein, carbs, fibre and fat. Also if you are working out the calories for 29pp you aren't taking into account all of the calories from fruit etc. I guess it gives a ballpark figure, but it can't be accurate.

No it's not a hard and fast rule that 40 calories is 1pp, but it's fairly helpful as an estimate if you're out shopping. And generally if something is high in fat/seems bad I tend to add 1pp on to my guess until I work it out.

In terms of adding them up for a week, my guess is that WW not only allow for the 49pp of your weeklies, but probably also the pp for the equivalent of the recommended 5 fruit and veg per day, hence why it's 'free'.

If you want to see equivalents, track your food on myfitnesspal for a week and see how many calories you've had. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I do!

Back