ProPoints Calculator

~Crooked Smile~

Silver Member
Having just been fiddling around with my new calculator, I am really disappointed. The buttons are tiny and insensitive. I am having real trouble turning it on sometimes- having to press the on button a number of times before it turns on.

Before, walking around the supermarket, it was easy enough popping out my calculator and putting in two values to get my points. I had just about come to terms with the extra hassle of typing in four values. But now that it's so much effort putting in the four values, I'm feeling a bit disheartened :(

That must be really awkward having to use the calc in store. I've got it set up on my phone and i'm paranoid I look like a weirdo scrutinising the NI and tapping away into my phone for every item!

Tonight i've been trying to be a bit cunning so i've been looking at the supermarkets online to see if any have the nutritional info of the stuff I need. If I work out roughly what's ok on there then when I pop into the shop next i'll know it's ok to pop into the basket!

Even my leader was cursing at the calculator when she was trying to work out everyones points but remained diplomatically silent when I mentioned it looked fiddly!

The more I use it the more I am getting used to it. I think the smaller buttons make it seem more fiddly and therefore insensitive. I have quite long nails which makes it harder, I don't like using my nails to push the buttons but am finding I have to.

On the whole I am happy with my calculator but I do agree there is room for improvements.

x

I've found it fiddly too. Could be my fat fingers, lol.

It's like the . is in the wrong place. I keep having to CE and re-enter because mine doesn't like the . button.

I thought is was just mine so I do feel a bit better now that I know others are having problems too - no offence meant ;)

Mine started working a bit better after I dropped it on the floor - accidently of course :D

I thought is was just mine so I do feel a bit better now that I know others are having problems too - no offence meant ;)

Mine started working a bit better after I dropped it on the floor - accidently of course :D

hehe maybe I'll have a few vodkas and go play with it in a room with a hard floor :p

I thought it was only mine too, I too struggle to switch it on sometimes. A little bigger would have been a bit better.

I guess they felt the need to keep it pocket sized so in order to get all those buttons on they needed to reduce their size. On the plus point though I do think it overall functions better than the old one, i.e. it automatically takes from your weekly points, asks for your new weight every week. I think overall it is an improved product but definately more fiddly, but like the weekly points - I reckon we'll get used to it!

x

It is a fiddly old thing ... I've got to agree. I keep meaning to try pushing the buttons with a pen - that might be better????

Back