ProPoints for Butternut Squash

They are all Zero points so get munching! :)

No probs - i'm a butternut squash fan too! :D

You realize what this means: 0-PP chips! I've made this recipe a few times, and the fries are da bomb. Cajun seasoning goes well with the sweetness of the squash, so if you wanna spice it up, go ahead. Enjoy!

Don't know if i'm allowed to post these lists, but someone will do no doubt in time if not already lol, sorry if not allowed etc! and sorry for how the lists read! :) but everything is there x

Zero ProPoints value Fruits
Apple Apricots Banana Blackberries Blueberries Carombola, Star Fruit Cherries Clementines Gooseberries Grapefruit Grapes Guava Kiwi Fruit Kumquats Lemon Lime Loganberries Lychees Mandarin Mango Melon, Cantaloupe Melon, Galia Melon, Honeydew Nectarine Orange Papaya, Paw-Paw Passion Fruit Peach Pear Pineapple Plums Pomegranate Raspberries Redcurrants Rhubarb Satsumas Sharon Fruit (Persimmon) Strawberries Tangerines Ugli Fruit (Tangelo) Watermelon

Dried fruit and tinned fruit in syrup have ProPoints values.

Zero ProPoints value Vegetables Artichoke Hearts Asparagus Spears Aubergine Beansprouts Beetroot Broad Beans Broccoli Brussels Sprouts Butternut Squash Cabbage Carrot Cauliflower Celeriac Celery Chinese Leaves Corn on the Cob Courgette Cucumber Fennel French Beans Gourd (karela) Green Beans Jerusalem Artichoke Kale Leek Mange-tout Marrow Mooli Mushrooms Okra Onion, all types Pepper, all types Radish Runner Beans Shallots Spinach Spring Onions Sugar Snap Peas Swede Swertcorn, baby Turnip

Zero ProPoints value Condiments and Seasonings

Baking Powder Artificial Sweetener Bicarbonate of Soda Capers Chilli's Chilli Sauce, up to 2 tbsp Hot Pepper Sauce Lemon Juice Lime Juice Mustard, up to 1 heaped tsp Salt and Pepper Soy Sauce, up to 1 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce, up to 1 tbsp Tomato Puree, up to 1 tbsp Vinegar Worcestershire Sauce, up to 1 tbsp Yeast Extract, up to 1 tbsp

PS: i can NEVER cook BNS anyone have any ideas on how too? thanks :D

Smirky, did you check out the link in my post (right above yours)? It's for oven fries using BNS. Hungry Girl loves BNS and uses it quite a bit, so check out these links.

Smirky, did you check out the link in my post (right above yours)? It's for oven fries using BNS. Hungry Girl loves BNS and uses it quite a bit, so check out these links.

sorry didn't see the link! thankyou so much! yumyum :) xx

Oh i had a little panic then, i thought this thread was going to say it is pointed! Phew!

We have BNS chips every Saturday with half a pack of Asda GFY Cauliflower Cheese and one of those silver trays with Chicken Breasts in Tomato & Basil Sauce and it is YUM YUM. I look forward to it all week lol

Another good way of cooking it is to cut in half (with the skin still on) scrape out the seeds, cut-up some garlic, sprinkle on the squash and roast for 30 mins. Remove from the oven, mash up (still in the skin), add 10g of cheese and return to the oven for another 10 mins - eat out of the skin.

It is seirously the nicest and most filling food ever! Me and my other half eat it as a meal on its own! :) x

so excited my local farm shop has butternut squashes (big ones ) for 50p each so guess who bought a load of them !!!They will store through the winter YUM Butternut soup here I come!

Yummmm, Becky! That sounds awesome! What kind of cheese do you use?

I would use a strong cheddar, that way you can use less of it and still get the flavour come through! It is sooo yummy!! :D

Oh my goodness! I can already taste these squash chips with beans and a 'fried' egg! Yummy!

I love veg that pretends to be potato! I changed from mashed spuds to mashed swede years ago and have never looked back!

I'm going to go buy a BNS after work tomorrow!

I use cauliflower as rice....grated and zapped it's great with something in a sauce!

Mmmm, cauli-rice! For those of us who eat lower-carb-style while on WW, this is a treat! Do you get shirataki noodles in the UK? I have a "thing" for them, and haven't had real pasta in about a year, with the exception of the night before I did a half-marathon.

I think we need a spin-off thread of "Foods We Wouldn't Have Tried Pre-WW!"

Back