Psychic Sally's Big Fat Operation (Living TV now)

Lucky7

Lucky7
Watching this and wanting to shout at the TV - DON'T DO IT!!! So sad when people are driven to these extremes. :cry:

She does look fab now though in her new series. It's obviously the right thing for her. I'd never do it but everyone's different.

Yes - by the end I'd come round to it. She looks absolutely great - happy, healthy and much more mobile.

I just think that for someone who loves food to more or less forego is so sad.

If it comes down to life or death choice, then yes by all means go for it. I just think that nowadays, it is becoming an "easy" solution for people. What gets me is none of these programmes point out the fact that the people who get gastric bypass surgery will have to be on medicinal supplements for the rest of their lives as they can no longer eat enough food to provide the nutrients their bodies need.

Okay, you could possibly opt for the gastric band instead which can be expanded or eventually removed, but what good is this method (with the exception of losing a lot of weight quickly) if the real problem is not going to be tackled, i.e., learning how to manage your diet and excercise.

At the end of the day, we have to make our own choice and choose what is best for us at that given time. I only wish these programmes would show both sides of the coin. I have only seen one programme which showed a very large woman (she was completely bedridden because of her size) who had the surgery but then died few days after op due to heart attack caused by the strain of surgery on her heart.

Personally, I was advised by GP that I could qualify for this having 8 stone to lose, but I think I will stick with diet and excercise. In the long run, I think it a much better lifestyle choice, at least for me.

Back