Psyllium Husks - nice poo! :D

Hi Cha Ching

When I get home this evening (surfing in my lunch break) I will look it up for you.

When I get to my ideal weight, I will be runnning down a beach just like my avatar with confidence and possibly topless.

You kinky minx! :)

well i tried the porridge with the husk. Lovely. ITs great to have on a weekend....the hardest days of my life (and im doing 790!!! so i get food [though getting bloody boring and Im quite experimental!], cant imagine what its like for SS)
Did not think I had a constipation problem..lets just say that the husk has made me feel lighter!!!

So can I add this stuff to my soup to bulk it out a bit??? If so, how much should I use?

Depends on what consistency you like. I make mine with 400ml of HOT water (not boiling), a teaspoon of low-salt marigold bouillon or CD veggie powder, my soup pack and 2 dessertspoons of PH. (Don't overwhisk!)

That creates a consistency a bit like lentil soup. If you like it a bit thinner, try it with just one dessertspoonful.

I've just tried using the P'Husk stuff.... I must have done something wrong :( It was gross... reminded me of slug!! Or wallpaper paste. I tried it twice with two packs of my soup - I had to throw them both away so now I'm down by 2 meals!!:eek: Can I buy a couple more packs?

I may have used water that was too hot. I also used a hand blender (as I always do)... I guess that's what I did wrong :(

I use a Braun hand blender fiojam so that shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps you had it too fast or did it for too long. Also, water that's practically boiling will also reduce the mix to pond gloop!

You should only whisk until you see it STARTING to thicken. Once you've poured it into a bowl and rinsed your mixing pot, it'll have thickened a bit more all by itself.

And perhaps try using less PH .... maybe just 2 teaspoons

hee hee.....we're like husk twinnies!!! me too...does yours stick to each other and not the bowl? It's quite fun to push it about and fold it over and over......;)

Yep!! Just like that! I couldn't eat it so threw it in the bin..... it just kind of flopped out!:eek:

I use a Braun hand blender fiojam so that shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps you had it too fast or did it for too long. Also, water that's practically boiling will also reduce the mix to pond gloop!

You should only whisk until you see it STARTING to thicken. Once you've poured it into a bowl and rinsed your mixing pot, it'll have thickened a bit more all by itself.

And perhaps try using less PH .... maybe just 2 teaspoons

Hmmm, the water was probably too hot. blender is quite powerful. May have used too much ph. I'm a bit worried about trying it again.

i like it in a cold mouse make mouse as usuall and add 1 big tble spoon, you cant taste it in mouse, i also make soup very well with it lol, cheep at the moment on healthplan website £3.95 for 300gm tub i think its healthplan look on my dairy(angies Jounrney) for a week ago for the website

I ordered two tubs but it said to allow 10 days for delivery. Couldn't wait that long so bought some from a local healthfood store.

Had a tsp (am easing myself in gently til I know how my system reacts to it) in my mushroom soup and was pleasantly surprised.

I used my stick blender to whizz the soup, then added the husks for one last quick whisk. Could sort of tell they were there but not unpleasant and they thickened the soup nicely.

Hopefully they'll sort out my little problem ... :eek:

Back