Psyllium Husks

jabbathehut

This is the last time!!
....or however you spell it!!

So, can anyone please explain to me what these are, what they do and where I can buy them?

I'm off back to UK on Wednesday and thought I might see if I can find some for myself and Angel. As we both live in Germany it's tricky getting hold of these things!

I haven't felt the need to make any of my packs into 'food' as yet, but figure it's best to be prepared for if/when that day comes. Also, seeing as summer seems to have vanished, I do rather like a bowl of porridge on a chilly morning so it is best to have some just incase.

I have psyllium husks with my soups. I have 2 tablespoon everyday. It tastes a bit like lentil soup i suppose. I order mine off the Healthspan website. You can probably get them delivered to Germany.

The husks basically swell up and absorb water creating bulk and therefore allowing you to go to the bathroom easier. They are a complete lifesaver for me.

X

Thanks for your reply x

I have psyllium husk every morning made into porridge.
I put 250mls of boiling water in a large jug (leave it to cool for 10mins) add 1heaped tablespoon of psyllium husk and 1 cd shake powder (i use vanilla or banana) then blast it with my hand blender.

I buy my psyllium husk off ebey about £5 for 500g and it lasts ages.
If you would like ebayers id i can sort it out for you hunni.xx

Here is some info on Psyllium Husks

Psyllium Husk
Psyllium is a soluble fiber used primarily as a gentle bulk-forming laxative. It comes from the plant plantain which produces tiny, gel-coated seeds. Psyllium husk is derived from these odorless, tasteless seeds.
When Psyllium husk comes in contact with water, it swells and forms a gelatinous mass that stimulates the transport of waste through the intestinal tract.
Psyllium Husk and Diet & Detox: Psyllium is a convenient way to increase fibre intake, and support your diet. Psyllium is a bulking agent with a high mucilage content which plays an important role in maintaining healthy colon cleansing. The soluble fibre found in psyllium husks plays an important role in lowering cholesterol. Psyllium may also help healthy blood sugar levels of insulin and glucose to aid fat metabolism. Early research shows that dietary psyllium supplementation may help to increase the excretion of fat in the stool.
· psyllium husk eliminates waste from the body
· psyllium husk increases feeling of satiety (fullness)
· pysllium husk may increase the excretion of fat in the stool
· psyllium may normalise blood glucose and insulin
Psyllium Husk and Digestive Health: Psyllium is a bulk-forming laxative and is high in both fiber and mucilage. Psyllium seeds contain 10–30% mucilage for normal bowel health.
Constipation: Psyllium husk is a useful remedy for constipation because it can increase bowel movements per day, and decrease total gut transit time, especially for:
· inadequate fibre intake from modern western fast-food diets
· a sedentary lifestyle
I get mine from spiceworld.uk.com
:D

hi.
ive just been and bought some and susan, i am giving my boiling water 10 mins to cool as i type!!

i buy mine from the local health food shop in out town and it costs me £3;45 for 250gr

so more exspensive than your susan, do you have to pay postage too??

if i have a porridge does it mean i dont have to have my fibre sure??

now, has it been 10 mins yet?? x

i dont take any other fibre now i have the husks every day.
yes postage is about 2£ i think.
hope you enjoy it hun.xx
what flavour are you having.

hi guys
just wondering im on SS on CD and was wondering does it make any difference to your weight loss ---
it would be interesting to see if it does

ive been having it daily since wk3 and as you can see below not done anthing to mine.

oh, mmmmm, didnt go right.

i had butterscoth.

not too keen on the shake made with that so thought i'd use it up.
used half shake for breaky so only used half and halved ingreadiants.
didnt look thick enough so i added more ph. h.

looked thicker, but not much there, so though i could add quite a bit of cold water, more ph. h, put it into the frigde for 5 mins and have a soet of angel delight. (greedy me!! but smelt so good!)

er....... no. well deff not the way i did!!

think it woulda been lovely if i'd a had it hot, or not gone too over bored with the ph. h. and water i made masses!!

it wouldnt even slip of the spoon!!

so gonna write that experiance off and just half some water to drink and wait for my soup!!

will try again though!!

dunno weather to try adding a little to the soup to thicken it
does it make a diff to the taste do you know??

expensive things to waste and moneys tight enough!! x

when you first mixed it with the hot water did it look a bit slimy? you maybe needed just a little more husk the just leave it to set for a few mins it gets a bit thicker as it cools, its all down to personal taste.

Ive never used it in soup but I like the thought of using it with the veg soup sound nice but I would probably want a bread roll with it.lol.

i'll try that next time!! lol!!! x

im sure you will get it right hun.x its the only thing ive been able to make and been able to eat.lol.

Mine just came in the mail today, so I will try to make some porridge in the morning for brekkie.
If I am already backed up can I take it a few times in a day and then slow it down when its all cleared out to once daily?

Back