pudding rice for a breakfast

shannonbitzy

hi again
in a post last week someone mentioned using pudding rice as an alternative breakfast , does anyone know how i would do this as it sounds like a really good idea... i guess i would have to cook it the day before though due to it taking 2 hours to cook .
any help much appreciated
xx

I was me :) the pudding rice I have from sainsburys only takes about 20 mins to cook though. I just boil half a cup with splenda if I'm having it for breakfast, a tsp of Hartley Best jam is only 1 syn or if you let it cool slightly and stir in a muller light that works well too x

Is pudding rice definately syn free? When i search on the SW website it says 5 syns/28g - i'm confused

Yep 100% - definitely free :)

Asda Short Grain Pudding Rice, dried 100g dry

red.gif
Original 17½ Syns
green.gif
Green Free

Are you looking at rice pudding? That is synned but because of the cream / milk and sugar not the rice content x

Yep 100% - definitely free :)

Asda Short Grain Pudding Rice, dried 100g dry

red.gif
Original 17½ Syns
green.gif
Green Free

Are you looking at rice pudding? That is synned but because of the cream / milk and sugar not the rice content x

Ah, thanks that's great, i think i will be purchasing some x

thanks Littlebottle, is your sainsburys pudding rice a quick cook one then? or do they all boil in 20 minutes if done in a pan rather than in the oven? Do you boil it in water? I cant wait to try it? Do you have good weight losses with it?
xxx

I've just checked my packet and the recipe for rice pudding in the oven says 2 hours - it doesn't take that long in a pan so any pudding rice should be the same I would think.
I don't have it all the time, but as I've generally had it as a meal rather than a dessert it's never hurt my losses - if anything it stops me getting hungry until lunch and the quantity I have wouldn't be higher in calories than having a cooked breakfast or 2 slices of toast. I've been ok with it, my Mom has it as a dessert and limits that as it's in addition to meals x

Hi
Ive just made some of this for my breakfast and it was lovely , i boiled 2 oz in water for about 20-30 minutes, then i had to sieve it as there was still a bit of water left, then i added a banana and custard mullerlight, and a teaspoon of nutella, it was gorgeous!, but i think i made too much as i had to leave a bit , might only do 1oz next time.
Im wracking my brain now thinking of other 'flavours' i could make !LOL

oooh yum! That sounds lovely Shannon, you've put me in the mood for rice pud!!!

i always make mine with toffee muller but i think the new vanilla choc one would work well and have cinamon on top. lovelyyyyyyyyy

Im going to ask what may seem a dumb question but anyways does it say short grain rice on the packet or short grain pudding rice? I have looked for the pudding rice but couldnt find it/

hi betty
Im not much help as mine is from sainsburys and just says pudding rice, it was with all the rice, on the top shelf near the risotto rice etc.

I got mine in Tesco and believe it or not it was in the pudding section beside flaked rice, ground rice, tapioca and semolina that sort of thing x

Back