PUDDING RICE

eventuallyslim

Hi.
Can anyone tell me a bit more about this food abuse that I.ve been reading about. We're told that certain foods are free but when you actually read into it their not free all of the time. Im confused:confused:
Ive asked this question on my class facebook page but no one seems to want to answer. Ive found lots of lovely recipes like cous cous cake and smash pizza which in all effects appear to be free but apparently their not??

Also is pudding rice free?

many thanks

Pudding rice is definitely free. As for the other things, they are a bit of a can of worms so i am staying out of the discussion! That said, look on the faq section and the useful features of lifeline online and you'll fine the official sw response.

It's a bit of a dark art hun.

Cous cous cake - definitely food abuse. You should syn it as you would on a red day

Smash pizza - bit of a grey area - as long as you eat it with 1/3rd superfree as part of a meal, not as a snack then it's okay.

Pudding rice - free - unless you were planning to make something other than rice pudding with it :)

Basically, use your judgement- pre SW would you honestly have made a cake from cous cous?

I fond this area quite interesting to be honest. At my old group someone brought in the recipe for the cheese scones and one woman was eating them all day long in between meals etc and wasnt losing weight.

If I make the couscous cake I tended to have it for brekkie warmed up with a pile of chopped fruit and yogurt on it but thats as far as it goes.

I tend to think anything involving free foods are fine when used as part of a meal, but have always gone with that anusnacking should be done on fruit x

dont want to open a can of worms but i rejoined last night for the millionth time and what i heard i couldnt really get my head around, we had a big debate on the rice pudding and food abuse etc and she was saying if you use rice pudding as a meal with fruit for superfree then its free but if you use it as a pudding after tea or as a snack then you have to syn the pudding rice as its above and beyond your 2 thirds free. Id never heard that before and now im well confused (which doesnt take much haha)

I've never heard that about pudding rice not as a meal. You are allowed to snack on free food, it says so in your book, but like others have said things like couscous cake as a snack can cause a problem purely because of the amount of couscous you would be eating, whereas with pudding rice you would still only be eating a portion big enough to fill you.

I eat home made rice pudding all the time, sometimes as a breakfast (which is fine according to your consultant) but quite often as a pudding or evening snack.

You have to find what works for you, I am very active to be fair so I need quite a lot of food to keep me going and also to loose. Whereas I suppose someone who didn't do much at all (and I really mean not much, someone who struggles even walking certain distances) might struggle more if snacking on free food.

You have to listen to your body, if your hungry you need to eat and sometimes fruit just doesn't cut it.

I fond this area quite interesting to be honest. At my old group someone brought in the recipe for the cheese scones and one woman was eating them all day long in between meals etc and wasnt losing weight.

If I make the couscous cake I tended to have it for brekkie warmed up with a pile of chopped fruit and yogurt on it but thats as far as it goes.

I tend to think anything involving free foods are fine when used as part of a meal, but have always gone with that anusnacking should be done on fruit x

Liz this so made me laugh, what is anus nacking???? ha ha

Back