Put that down, fatty!

Hi everyone :p *waves*

I'm Hana and this is my millionth attempt to get healthy. I did Weight Watchers for 10 months (2 years ago) and lost 50lbs but did not do it in a very healthy way and, obviously, put it all back on again within a year. Was gutted. I looked and felt so much better. I'm a tall girl so I need to be at around 167lbs (12st) to be in a healthy range. I'm currently at 215lbs. So have a long way to go.

I work long hours at a Residential Children's Home, am completing a Diploma in Health and Social Care and am starting a second job at a local Hospital as a Health Care Support Worker so I'm hoping I'm going to be far too busy to be drinking my usual bottle of wine a night :)eek:) and consuming about a million syns of cheeeeeese covered deliciousness.

Looking to make some friends here, share some recipes, post some photos, complain about how whale-esque I'm feeling and to share some stories.

Tonight I'm wanting to convince my (also very slightly overweight) partner that Slimming World is not the work of the devil and that we won't starve to death eating only mugshots and laughing cow wedges. So I'm planning on doing a three course sort of "LOOK HOW AMAZING THIS ALL TASTES" thing. So I'll be doing potato peel crisp things (realise I have to syn these..), a summer vegetable risotto and then a small portion of chorizo and red pepper pasta (chroizo syned).

I unfortunately quite like a drink and this tends to be quite a problem when dieting. I have a stressful job and find it hard to wind down occasionally so my glass of wine with dinner usually turns into the whole bottle whilst watching Mad Men and stuffing crisps in my giant face.

So anyway! Here is me in all my chunky, wobbly glory.

k204dg.jpg
2q3di8o.jpg

Taaaa daaaaaa :flirt2:

Hana xo

Right, here is a list of the food I poured into my giant face yesterday. I suck at Syns..Please correct me if you see anything hideously wrong--I'm very tired!

So we had,

Summer Vegetable Risotto with bacon. A SPECK of Parmesan (healthy A? Or B? Is there a healthy C.......So many questions :rolleyes:)
Slimming World Chips with sour cream and chive low-fat dip (2 syns?)
Pasta, tin of matos, chorizo (really stuck here...5 syns? Only a small, small amount) Red peppers and low-fat cheeeeeese (5 syns?)

So am I bit Syn-Happy to think I only used 12 syns? How many syns is a bottle of wine, just for future knowledge? ;)

Anyway, today will be much better for food as I've been at work and am writing this and then will promptly take a nap which should take me right the way through to 5pm when I'll make Slimming World Pasta (with Healthy B (OR IS IT A?!) cheese) and my bread allowance for the day.

Things I put in my face: Thursday 25th September

-- Mug shot. FREE.
-- Pasta, tin of matos, bacon, mushrooms. FREE.
-- Small amount of delicious but fatty chorizo 5 SYNS
-- Big ol' glass of wine 5 SYNS (???)
-- Tiny baguette? It's weight watchers.. Reckon that can be by bread allowance? Or did that replace the cheese?

Any help with my Syns would be fabulous. I have a group that I was supposed to go to yesterday but working shift work means that I can literally make no plans ever and I had to work. Better luck next week. Until then, hope you'll all help to keep me on track and I'll try and do the same for you!

Hana xo

Hi Hana :) Good luck with sw! I love the cat jumper :) I am probably what most would call a mad cat lady!
Healthy extra A is cheese/Milk and B is bread/cereal (I think WW wholemeal rolls are Hexb) and you get 30g Parmesan.
Not sure about your chorizo- really depends how much weight-wise!
Low fat sour cream an chive- 1tbsp=1.5 syns
Wine- really wanna know?! Depends what you drink. Bottles: 25.5 (red) dry white (24) med white (27) and sweet white (36).... A large glass (250ml) is a third of a bottle. Like to drink anything else? I try drink martini and diet coke/lemonade as its only 2.5 syns per measure.
Wow ive rambled! Look forward to seeing how you get on :) xx

Back