Putting on weight on SW!!

Pudgy Panda

well yesterday went well, i ate lovely healthy freshly cooked food, stayed below my syns and went for a big long walk - so why the hell am i 2lbs heavier than when i started this 5 days ago???? :(

i am so confused, i have never put on weight before in sw so why now??

trying to keep motivated but OH is doing calorie counting and has lost 6lbs already!!!! i love SW but i want to see results, i had a target of 2lbs for this week, considering its 1st week it should be more but now its not looking promising for WI at home on monday :(

aaaahhhhhhhh

I am doing EE and not eating huge portions but enough to just feel full, eating fruit and drinking water/cordial.

i am finishing * at the minute but surely i would feel lighter not heavier - i know i shouldnt have stood on the scales but OMG!!!

sorry just having a rant!:cry:

sneaky peeks are bad - the only way to check is to way the same time on the same day each week. Trust me I know, 2 days before my weigh in this week it was indicating a gain, went to weigh in and actually lost. So I would say wait until weigh in and see what that says.

but as you say it is your * week that may have something to do with, water retention perhaps

Good luck

I bet * week is something to do with it. It can affect before, that week or even the week after.

It is so so hard to resist those dreaded home scales. I went on the other day & was weighing 2lbs heavier & was so botered about it, it was on my mind constantly worrying where it had come from!! I am sure everything will be fine for my WI as I have been on plan.

Good luck for your WI - remember different scales do tend to WI differently too - so the same time of day on the same day each week is the best way.

Im also due for my first weigh in at home on Monday! I too have been very tempted to weigh, but have resisted (so far). If i were you i wouldnt worry too much, take the pressure off yourself - the plan does work (better than calorie counting in the long term IMHO) its gradual but its more long term. You'll be the winner (loser!!) in the end for sure, just put your faith in the plan, its worked for you before - just enjoy eating plenty of yummy food!! xx

no advise to offer cause i'm as bad and have left a post similar earlier. my oh just has to fart and he has lost half stone - he only 11.5 stone too so perfect for his height. does your oh have active job - thats what i tell myself why he looses weight quicker. good luck and i hope we find power to stay off the god dam scales...

Get off those bloody scales!!
xx

very eloquently put!

While we are at it, please don't compare yourself to DH either - men lose at a totally different rate to women. I found that my DH lost lots quite quickly, then his loss slowed right down, my rate was less dramatic initially but maintained at a steady pace. Ultimately I lost 1stone more then him despite his early confidence :8855:

Mid week weigh ins are a nightmare - they either depress you or give you an early optimism, neither of which are helpful in the scheme of things.

Your first week loss will very much depend on what you were eating BEFORE you started - just make sure you are following the plan, eating LOTS of free food (you could find that you are eating MORE than dh if he is calorie counting :D) and never ever feeling deprived or hungry :cool:

Stop weighing in between!!!!

It does you no good at all and you only end up beating yourself up over a "gain" that hasnt happened!
Dont do it Hun!

xx

Just echoing the advice you've already been given really, although I use the home scales all the time too :(

Sometimes I'll even trim my fingernails before jumping back on to see if I've lost another ounce :eek:

I think even a weekly weigh-in can be misleading. How many times have we read on here of a gain one week followed by a BIG loss the next. I know we have to draw the line somewhere on when to weigh and SW is a weekly "club", but fortnightly or even monthly would be more realistic. But who could hold out that long without a sneaky peak? :D

well yesterday went well, i ate lovely healthy freshly cooked food, stayed below my syns and went for a big long walk - so why the hell am i 2lbs heavier than when i started this 5 days ago???? :(

i am so confused, i have never put on weight before in sw so why now??

trying to keep motivated but OH is doing calorie counting and has lost 6lbs already!!!! i love SW but i want to see results, i had a target of 2lbs for this week, considering its 1st week it should be more but now its not looking promising for WI at home on monday :(

aaaahhhhhhhh

I am doing EE and not eating huge portions but enough to just feel full, eating fruit and drinking water/cordial.

i am finishing * at the minute but surely i would feel lighter not heavier - i know i shouldnt have stood on the scales but OMG!!!

sorry just having a rant!:cry:

you need to get weighed on the same scales that you always use Ie the class scales all scales will weigh you diff ... i sometimes have a sneaky peak if im in the chemist and its never good lol

btw i see your from n.ire where bouts ? x

thanks for the replies girls, i am getting OH to hide them, i was feeling disappointed by it but then got myself together and went for a walk and took my son swimming - so felt loads better but was starving when i came back and had no lunch planned :( but found pasta n sauce which saved the day.

averted disaster though around 3 i got the munchies and i was craving chocolate so i stuffed mini kinder and blue ribbon biscuit in my mouth and grabbed an activia yoghurt - felt full and satisfied and was below my syns allowance :)

as regards OH when we have done this before he looses very quickly put also puts on or sts very quickly too, whereas i loose slowly and put it on slowly too - it all even itself out. plus i am not as annoying as him when he goes to weigh his chips, chicken, sweetcorn - - - -basically everything!!!

thanks for advice, i know i am not the only one who weighs in daily - but it really does not help you

off to get OH to hide the scales

you need to get weighed on the same scales that you always use Ie the class scales all scales will weigh you diff ... i sometimes have a sneaky peak if im in the chemist and its never good lol

btw i see your from n.ire where bouts ? x

hi i am from Bangor, where r u?

Echo the no sneaky peeks rule!!

Also, I see you're drinking cordial - is it a low-syn/ syn-free variety? If not, you could be consuming lots more syns than you realise!

Back