Q for the Mods

Nic and I have talked about this - I dipped out of the site for about 2 1/2 weeks cause I was struggling with the diet and really needed to get my act together privately and face a few demons, one of the other reasons was that I felt like I was giving so much of myself, personal stuff that I wanted to share my buddies and was happy to share with other members BUT it grated a bit that MASSES of guests were also viewing me warts and all (ok not photos) now I know that not everyone is confident enough to come on and I certainly wasn't either but can you tell me what the Site's thoughts behind the 'GUEST' option and how this benefits the members who actively participate, support and often entertain the troops;)

It's not that I want a private conversation as I know the topics we discuss help others and we do ask questions of eachother which can sometime be 'sensitive' , just wish more peeps would make themselves known, share their own stories which in turn could inspire us to feel stronger - it's tough being positive all the time - need to share the load sometimes :)

I gathered from your first post which I have hi lighted your words...that you and Nic wanted somewhere to talk that the guests who are not members can not view your conversation?

Have I misinterpreted your first post?

Love Mini xxx

Hmm... we seem to be at crossed purposes - I could easily FB Nic but, we both enjoy using and supporting the LT site as it's fun to have the interaction of the other members too when we're talking 'off topic' - however, I just wondered when setting up the site, how it was envisaged the 'guest' option of viewing would work ? - did you anticipate that there would be many more viewers, than actual full members participating . This thread was in no way intended to criticise anyone or any potential newbies, just to encourage more of them to say hello and get involved :) Have you considered allowing them to view the rules,regs and 'all about Minimins site section' etc if they then want to read the members threads, they will have to register. Is there a marketing/advertising conequence - don't know, oh god... ever wondered why you started something :cool::cool:

Hmm... we seem to be at crossed purposes
Obviously:)

- I could easily FB Nic but, we both enjoy using and supporting the LT site as it's fun to have the interaction of the other members too when we're talking 'off topic' - however, I just wondered when setting up the site, how it was envisaged the 'guest' option of viewing would work ?

I did a lot of lurking and reading on a forum before I joined my first site...it helped me to make my mind up, so I felt others would appreciate like myself being able to read before deciding to become a member of MiniMins.

- did you anticipate that there would be many more viewers, than actual full members participating .

Never thought about it! But I gather this is normal.

This thread was in no way intended to criticise anyone or any potential newbies, just to encourage more of them to say hello and get involved :)

That did not come across...
It came across that you were not happy with guests being able to read the Lipotrim Forum.:rolleyes: If they can not read the forum how would that encourage newbies to join?

Have you considered allowing them to view the rules,regs and 'all about Minimins site section' etc if they then want to read the members threads, they will have to register.

Guests can read the rules and register if they wish.

It is a free forum and see no reason why it should not be available to our guests to read, we do have our private forums for members only.

Is there a marketing/advertising conequence - don't know, oh god... ever wondered why you started something :cool::cool:

MiniMins is spread by word of mouth.

If members wished the site to become private to members only, it would no longer be possible for us to provide a free service.

Love Mini xxx

I would pay, mini :) BUT i warn you, i'm getting legendary on this forum so perhaps you should pay me?

Have i lowered the tone?

I browsed this forum for ages before i made up my mind, i thin it's just brilliant xx

GLAD TO HEAR IT!

i think this forum is great and I'm still a reasonably new 'newbie'. I browsed for couple of days, found everyone really friendly so signed up.
No regrets and the support is fantastic !

Im really glad you posted that and I am so happy you feel part of the forum. I still feel like a newbie myself cos i have only been here 8 weeks and for some reason time flies when you are on LT so it feels like just a few weeks! lol

I personally feel very miffed and bemused at some of the comments left by moderators on this thread.

I think everyone on the LT forum is very welcoming to all new people and I personally love to see new people join and watch their success story unfold on LT - its an awesome diet and I wish the whole world would do it and join our forum - we all offer each other tremendous support, advice and encouragement and we all have a laugh and a giggle in the process. :)

I was stopped in Asda today and asked if i was the person off this forum, as this woman recognised me ...she was a non member and personally i found it a bit wierd to know she knew who i was and recognised me in the street and had read all our convos, yet i had never spoken or indeed seen her before... freaky hey?!?
Apparently she reads it everynight but has never contributed to any of the posts

I was stopped in Asda today and asked if i was the person off this forum, as this woman recognised me ...she was a non member and personally i found it a bit wierd to know she knew who i was and recognised me in the street and had read all our convos, yet i had never spoken or indeed seen her before... freaky hey?!?
Apparently she reads it everynight but has never contributed to any of the posts

I've often wondered if this will ever happen. Me and TracyJ missed each other by a couple of hours in Asda in Bury once. It would have been lovely to bump into her...I'm sure we would have recognised each other.

I suppose we choose to put our pictures on here. Loads don't. Maybe they prefer it to limit the amount of personal info they put 'out there', whereas I'm an open book. I don't mind people knowing about me....warts an all!!

I was a lurker for a while....I suppose this is where the site makes its money...due to the adverts that are on there when you are a non-member.

I did not like it ...hence the removal of my pics! I wouldnt have minded if it was someone who i had spoken to or knew from being on here...but it was and it was quiet embarrasing!

I did not like it ...hence the removal of my pics! I wouldnt have minded if it was someone who i had spoken to or knew from being on here...but it was and it was quiet embarrasing!

I can understand that. It really doesn't bother me though......if it was a weirdo who I kept bumping into then that wouldn't be cool. Wooo I'm scaring myself now. LOL.

Interesting I'd never thought of it as cliquey but I lurked as part of the process to go on the diet realised very quickly that this is the only support network where people genuinely understand what it all about - I've not taken part in any of these message boards before so for me all new and the difficulty was what to do and how to do it eg I didn't actually realise you could post on other boards and I didn't know there were private bits !! for me this keeps me going from one weigh in til the next.

I definately lurked around the site for a little while before i signed up just to see what was going on. I heard about CD from this site actually as i was about ti sign up to lighter life.

Definately there are some cliques on this forum and they tend to only comment among themselves and not reply to other peoples messages. It is very disheartening to post that you are struggling or have done really well and to come back and have 10 people read your post and noone comment. Maybe they clicked on the title expecting something else or whatever but everyone needs a little encouragement. Its nice to talk to people you know and make friends........i know i post mostly on people i am friends with (except recently sorry guys :( ) but i have been to 2 meets now and met loads of wonderful people.

Taz x

I think the end of the day its personal choice...but i think most of the guys who post on LT would say they never really look outside the forum!
When i changed to CD ...i did try posting on there and most posts were ignored in a fashion so i stuck with lt.
I personally do not believe i will learn anything new or gain anything from other forums and tbh while i am on LT i want to focus on staying strong and not read receips for lovely sounding meals or hear about what people have eaten! If everyone should mingle...why are there sooo many seperate forums? we could just all be mashed into one.

I dont think the LT forum is clicky(??) at all, everyone who posts is responded to and anyone can join in any conversations. The posts are bound to be a bit familiar as some of us started around the same time and have "known" each other since the start, therefore we can be sympathetic with feelings. We also talk about things other than LT cos there is more to life than a diet, and of course you want to talk to people you know. That doesn't mean it's an exclusive conversation. :))

Yay daisybank!!!

Back