Q for the Mods

I dont think the LT forum is clicky(??) at all, everyone who posts is responded to and anyone can join in any conversations. The posts are bound to be a bit familiar as some of us started around the same time and have "known" each other since the start, therefore we can be sympathetic with feelings. We also talk about things other than LT cos there is more to life than a diet, and of course you want to talk to people you know. That doesn't mean it's an exclusive conversation. :))

The same could also be said of all the other forums on Minimins. :)

You got a good point there, but lurkers could check out banter elsewhere and think "well...the LT people look a cliquey lot as they don't post banter or post anywhere else....they must be really miserable on their diet" ;) :D

I don't mind being cliquey...i like our clan x

But have you thought it might put other newbie people off??

i think this forum is great and I'm still a reasonably new 'newbie'. I browsed for couple of days, found everyone really friendly so signed up.
No regrets and the support is fantastic !

I for one was made to feel very welcome when i joined....thanks everyone! x

Interesting I'd never thought of it as cliquey but I lurked as part of the process to go on the diet realised very quickly that this is the only support network where people genuinely understand what it all about - I've not taken part in any of these message boards before so for me all new and the difficulty was what to do and how to do it eg I didn't actually realise you could post on other boards and I didn't know there were private bits !! for me this keeps me going from one weigh in til the next.

I dont think the LT forum is clicky(??) at all, everyone who posts is responded to and anyone can join in any conversations. The posts are bound to be a bit familiar as some of us started around the same time and have "known" each other since the start, therefore we can be sympathetic with feelings. We also talk about things other than LT cos there is more to life than a diet, and of course you want to talk to people you know. That doesn't mean it's an exclusive conversation. :))

The same could also be said of all the other forums on Minimins. :)

I dont think Daisy bank was saying that other forums are cliquey... she is simply saying that she doesnt feel we are... i dont think we are either.... when you look at the previous posts that lead up to this - it is apparent that it is the view of some moderators that we are a "cliquely forum who put off newbies from joining."

But everyday there are newbie posts and my first weigh in posts - and they are all warmly received and greatly encouraged by everyone on our forum.

Looks like the mods and the actual newbies have a difference in opinion....

it is apparent that it is the view of some moderators that we are a "cliquely forum who put off newbies from joining."
Looks like the mods and the actual newbies have a difference in opinion....
:confused: I said that some lurkers might consider it cliquey in reply to someone elses reply.

I didn't give my own opinion.

Just thought I'd mention that :p

Anyway, what does it matter? You seem happy here. I don't think that the mods mind if you just stay here either, even though they might like to mention that they look around everywhere (including here).

Not sure what the problem is:confused:

It is possible that I lost the plot some days ago, so will leave it to you lovely people and go and get a coffee.
girl_drink4.gif

Coffee KD!!!! :D

I'm exhausted just reading it Karion ;)

wow...what a load of tittle tattle tosh has been written here!! Lots of things people said have been taken out of context!
Also, it seems, that the LT guys have been ....for use of better words...publicly thrashed by some people and constantly made to fight our corner...even though newbies (god, i hate that word!!!) have commented how we have made them feel welcome! tish tosh tash....what a load of bosh!!!!

I post all over the site but now that I am back doing the Lipotrim diet myself and as such I do tend to focus more here in the Lipotrim Forum...

I think this is very natural to give most of your attention to the diet you are presently doing and also not everyone has the time to post in other forums, simple as that.

Speaking for myself I feel the members on this forum have really encouraged me with how well and successful they are doing...both through their posts and their private messages.

It is inspirational and motivating and as such I am now 51lb off and a very happy bunny!!!:party0011::party0011::party0011:

Thank you!!!

Love Mini xxx

i agree nic! And julz is right I didnt say other forums are clicky - why would they be? All I meant was you are bound to talk to the people you know best the most. It can be quite difficult to talk about some problems and feelings and I guess we feel more comfortable talking to those we feel we know best but its not an exclusive. I talk to the LTers the most , but also to others, why wouldnt I?
This thread was started about lurkers and not about where we post and who to.

Hey peeps,

I just re read my comment earlier on:

I'm exhausted just reading it Karion ;)

I didn't mean this thread, i meant i was exhausted trying to understand KDs post!!

I'm really really sorry if it looked any other way, I was messing with KD as she sometimes confuses me (and knows it) and we constantly joke with each other on most threads.

Please accept my sincere apologies xx

I think we are all different, some post mainly in their specific diet forum, others post all over the place. I kind of started mainly in CD but as I came to the end of that journey became a bit of a tart and spread myself all over the shop!

Life would be dull if we were all the same and differences are what make us all special and unique.

xxxx

The End

As I started this thread at 1am some days ago, can I publicly put an end to it as I didn't want an innocent question to turn into something complicated. So I'll summarise
  • LT forum has some amazing supportive, funny and very crude members.:eek:
  • We all enjoy welcoming new starters to the site and can't wait to impart some of our wisdom :D
  • We love to share, even off topic:rolleyes:
  • LT is an amazing diet which alot of men seem to do rather well at:p
  • Members exude positive energy even when the going gets tough:banghead:
  • We think up great topics of conversation to keep our minds and mouths occupied:blahblah:
  • We like our music and can have our very own LT disco:party0049:
  • We now have daily WI and fitness clubs to keep us motivated:whacky068:
  • Share hints and tips to survive this journey of discovery we are all on:character00201:
  • Give positive 'abuse' when we have been naughty:busted:
  • Share some incredible sucess stories to inspire the rest of us to forge ahead with our dreams of being, slimmer, healthier and happier.:king:
Good Luck to you all whichever Forum you're from - and if you are a lurker, log on and join in - we don't bite ( well actually, some of the members are hungry so I can't vouch for them !!):D

Thanks to Minimins xx

LMAO - 2HG I love your last post...sums us up quiet nicely!!!

Back