Quark... What can I do with it?

So basically that's it, I have brought some quark, never had it before, and am a bit scared what it's going to taste like! Lol

Anyone got recipes? Ideas? Please :)

Apologies if there's already a thread but I couldn't find one when I looked, and thought as its an unusual thing to use (or is it just me that never has? :rolleyes: ) it could be useful.

I think I read somewhere about it being used for sauces, and I reeeeally miss macaroni cheese, lasagne, carbanara, canneloni, etc... So brought it on impulse and now have no idea what to do with it! x

Hello, not sure if you found any ideas for quark yet but I've been using it to make a kind of cheats carbonara. I mix half a tub with a raw egg and add it to a bit of fried bacon (in fry light of course....) and drained pasta - stir it all together off the heat. Heat from the pasta will cook the egg without splitting. Hopefully... I like to add some green veg like broccoli or asparagus. Does need a bit cheese on top I think.

As an experiment I grated some cucumber and garlic into the quark for a sort of tzatziki if you like that kind of thing.

I heard someone mentioned they pick some with a pack of options hot choc(any flavour) and some sweetener. As a chocolate mouse. Never tried it myself.

I used to use it in pasta, as a sort of carbonara-style thing. The only thing is that it didn't reheat very well the next day - it tended to go into 'clumps.'

Back