QUARK

aislingb

loves a curlywurly
hi everyone.. :)
was just wondering if anyone has any good recipes for quark as ive bought it for the first time yesterday and not quite sure what to make with it.. xxx

It is multi functional and great to have in the fridge for a number of sw recipes, e.g. cheesecake, topping for lasagne when mixed with an egg and small bit of cheese, fake tiramisu etc.

1/2 a pot of quark, 1/2 a pot of 0% greek yoghurt..a couple of spoons of sweetener, a sachet of white chocolate options... mix it all together and scatter forest fruits all over the top.. yum!

or

1/2 a pot of quark, 1/2 a pot of 0% greek yoghurt, 2 cloves of garlic finely grated, chopped chives, dried organo and mix together - leave in the fridge for a few hours.. makes a yummy dip for carrots.

Yesterday I made carbonara (hubby said it was a "taste sensation"!!):

1 large leek
Oregano
Ham stock cube
6 rashers of bacon dry fried
1 tub of Quark
2 eggs
56g Parmesan

Chop the leeks and cook with fry light with oregano. Once soft add the stock cube and some water to gently simmer
Dry fry the bacon, once cooked chop and add to the leeks
Mix the quark and eggs, half the parmesan and a good grind of pepper and a little salt - mix until v smooth
Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the leek & bacon mix and stir through for a couple of minutes
Add the quark/egg mix to the pan and stir well
Pour into a bowl and top with left over parmesan.

thanks everyone i will be trying all of these things :thankyou:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also beware brands vary, tesco and the more expensive waitrose are less sour tasting

only one shop sells it where i live anyway it workd out at 1.99 euros for a tub..bit pricey i reckon

Back