Quark?

I made a cheesecake the other day, it was very nice. Also mix it with tuna and pasta instead of using Mayo, free and tastes delicious. :)

if you do a search for Quark in the recipes youll find literally hundreds of recipes where its an ingredient (I was shocked how much it can be used for lol)

Beat a pot of quark with 4 eggs and pour over your choice of meat and veg, bake to make a lovely syn free quiche!

I also tried a SW recipe for haddock gratin this week which was amazing. Pouch some haddock chunks in boiling water for a few minutes (I also added tuna steak to pep it up a little), place in a dish with halved cherry tomatoes and spinach which has been wilted and all excess water squeezed out. Cover with a sauce made from quark, fish stock and 2 eggs (just whisk it all together until smooth). Stir in some chopped chives, pour over fish and veg mix, Top with brown bread blitzed in the blender to make breadcrumbs (HEB choice). Bake until firm and golden. I served this with broccoli and peas, absolutely lovely!

If you like cheesey dips/spread mix a HEX A portion of strong flavoured cheese with quark and leave it overnight to let the flavours come out.

I've just done it with Saint Agur which is quite a soft cheese so mixed in well and the flavour REALLY carried. I used two heaped dessetspoons of quark and it was delicious - I could have easily used more quark to make it go further but I guess you'd have to play around depending on how strong you like it.

Completely yummy and my solution to dips (because let's face it, celery sticks need a friend).

If you like cheesey dips/spread mix a HEX A portion of strong flavoured cheese with quark and leave it overnight to let the flavours come out.

I've just done it with Saint Agur which is quite a soft cheese so mixed in well and the flavour REALLY carried. I used two heaped dessetspoons of quark and it was delicious - I could have easily used more quark to make it go further but I guess you'd have to play around depending on how strong you like it.

Completely yummy and my solution to dips (because let's face it, celery sticks need a friend).

Wow! That's a fab idea I just have to try that, I love cheese esp St. Agur and similar, thanks for the tip I can't wait to try! :giggle:

Back