Quark?!

Pudders

Silver Member
Hi all. Do any of you guys use quark? If so...what for and how? Would be interested in anyones recipes... thanks!

Hi all. Do any of you guys use quark? If so...what for and how? Would be interested in anyones recipes... thanks!

Hello

I use it you can use it to make sauces or put on a jacket potato you can use it either for sweet or savoury it is quite sour or use in a lasagne basically replacing the cheese although you can also do this with natural yogurt :)

I use it to make my macaroni cheese and dpsghetti carbonara. Also hummus z d hottie of horrors. Cheesecake. But do g bento. The last one to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks!!!
I just added some sweetner, some vanilla essence and then chucked in some raspberries....my goodness... really wasn't what I had expected!! It was absolutely delicious!! My 3 year old is even finishing the pot! lol..
I can see an Eton Mess coming on......;-)

Not dumb at all! It's a very very.low fat cheesey thing... Sure someone else can describe it better! But basically you can make sweet or savoury sauces... If you Google "quark recipes"...you'll find heaps. I made the vanilla cream last night and it was sooooo good and felt sooooo naughty but it's not naughty at all! People use it for white sauce, cheese sauce etc.... Very versatile. Im going to experiment lots!

Basically it's Philadelphia without the fat

Thinking of.mixing it with a bit of.onion and some.chives and imagine it will be lush on a tatty and steak....mmmmm

I stuffed a chicken breast with it.tonight...lol... Hmmm what next??!!! A friend if mine suggested grapes with a dusting of cocoa powder and also mix the quark with a packet of the white choc options to to make a lush pudding... Converted...?? Me???!!! :)

Since it tastes like Philadelphia can I use it on rivetas? I'm a big snacker so I'm looking for something that I can substitute bad snacks for because I'm cutting most carbs out of my diet.

Yup !! And can mix anything with it.... A bit of.black pepper, chilli powder, cinnamon, cocoa powder .... Think Im going to attempt to make a cheesecake... Just need to be a bit imaginative on the base...:)

It doesn't have that unmistakable Philly flavour. It is in fact flavourless I think which is why it's a great base for just about anything

Hmmm so.tonight i tried quark carbonara..... It was edible but won't rush to do it again...

How did you do it because its nice an creamy. Did you add eggs and milk?

I didn't add milk. Basically.... I took bacon, mushrooms, garlic, spring.onion and cherry tomatoes.... Fried down a bit and then added in some chicken stock and cooked.it.back down a bit. I then mixed up the quark with egg yolk and stirred it in slowly. Then served it over the taglietelle. It wasnt horrid... It was fine...just.not sure it's as nice as the philly version! :)

I use 3 eggs in a tub of quark plus a little milk to loosen it up so that its more like the double cream it's supposed to be. My tribe really like it. You do have to eat it straight away. It's not something you can reheat with the same texture. It tastes ok reheated just not the right texture

I Aldo add the bacon mixture to the spaghetti first and mix it in then I pour in the 'cream' and stir through quickly so that it doesn't scramble the egg

Thanks for the tips. It sounds like we make it pretty similar, except id didn't use the milk. The consistency was fine though was.more the taste i wasn't too sure on. Maybe i won't write it off just yet...:p thanks kat . X

When I did slimming world I would make ice cream from Quark by stiring in a sachet of Options hot chocolate powder, some granulated sweetener and then putting in the freezer. Took about 3 hours to freeze to a kind of soft ice cream (would stir every 30 mins or so)

I also used to make a chicken kiev with it. I would slice a chicken breast and then mash some Quark up with garlic and stuff it in the middle. I'd use a tooth pick to hold it close. Then I would brush with mixed egg and roll the chicken breast in some smash. Not made up smash, literally in the dry flakes. This would then bake in to a kind of crunchy coating around the chicken. Not exactly like breadcrumbs but still nice.

I'm just starting on Alli today but will be checking out the fat content in these lol.

Back