Quark

Big_emo

Where do people buy this from I spent ages looking for it in Sainsbury the other weekend and could not see it, maybe I was looking in the wrong section

It should be in the cheese section. tends to be with soft cream cheeses but it does depend on the shop.

Asda sell it, iv'e bought it from there. xxx

I made a double onion frittata with it today and it was disgusting. The quark looked congealed and smelt like mouldy milk. I don't think I will be cooking with it again :-(

Sainsburys do sell it :) Yh near the cheeses... green n white tub I think
xxx

i usually get it it Asda. There's usually only one facing of it (In any Asda I'vebeen in. lol) and it's usually with the parmesan flakes/riccotta/boursin type area.
No matter where I've bought it, or whose make, it's always been in a mainly white tub, with blue writing. Hth x

sainsburys is the only place i can get it.

i get mine from tescos. for some reason they have put it in the continental cheese section.

I get mine from Morrisons and its always with the cottage cheese. I love Quark, I eat it straight from the tub!! I have also found that it makes lovely creamy mash, but it needs plenty of seasoning.

I also like it with fruit, I think it tastes like fromage frais.

OO yummy, off to spoon some into me gob ;0)

Theresa x

i just had a tub of it with some sweetner in and a tsp chocolate powder in, was yummy!

yep completely free on both plans and really versatile too xxx

Quark – skimmed milk soft cheese
From the German for curd, Quark is a soft, low-fat but creamy cheese made from skimmed milk. It can be used in the same way as cottage cheese or fromage frais and is ideal for sweet and savoury dishes, dips and cruditees

Quark is free, yes, and a VERY versatile ingredient.

Has everyone found it, that was looking? What have you made with it/used it for?

Back