Queenaiysh's Diary - Chemical Diet

WEEK 1
WC Monday 11th May 2009

This week I am following the 3-day Chemical Diet to jump-start the weight-loss process, results varying from between 7 to 10lb weight loss! I am sceptical but at this rate I am willing to try anything as I have nothing to gain and weight to lose!
Ok, so this diet is also knows as the 'National Heart Foundation' diet or the 'Heart Institute' diet and the food is carefully selected to lower the daily calorie intake, balance out the chemicals and burn stored fat.

Feeling determined and so far I have not cheated! Have since spoken to a friend who has given me the encouragement I needed to continue and this has spurned me on into following this diet through!
I will also be going for a 1 hour fast-paced walk weather permitting, failing that Im going to be slugging it out at the gym....:)

Today's Menu:

Breakfast - Black Tea/Coffee, 1 Slice Toast, 1 Small Tin Baked Beans
Lunch - Black Tea/Coffee, 4oz Tuna, 1 Slice Toast
Dinner - 2 Slices of any cold meat, 4oz String Beans, 4oz Beetroot, 1 Small Apple, 4oz Vanilla Ice Cream

I am not a big fan of beetroot :cry:but i've been told that in order for the diet to work, you must follow it to the letter. You can also add grapefruit to this diet as it helps with the chemical process...YUM!

Last edited:
Day 2 - Tuesday 12th May 2009

Day Two into the Chemical Diet and I feel full of energy and have a really positive about my goals. Had a bright and early start, took a casual stroll around town for an hour and returned home to find that my brother and sister (ages 21 and 18) were having a FISH & CHIP lunch!! :mad: How selfish!!!!! Ive heard the smell alone make you put on a few calories, something to do with the high fat content from the oil vapor - is this true?! Hope not! I fought back the urge to wrestle them both to the ground and steal the whole packet and I am dead proud of myself - instead I went into the kitchen and started on my healthy (and less appetising) meal, with an image of a slimmer me in the not-so-distant future and that's what's keeping me going! I weighed myself too, just to see if one day makes a difference and i've lost around 4lbs!!! But just to be on the safe side i'm going to ignore that and weigh myself properly on the fourth day to see how much I have really lost!!!
Im also planning on another 45-min to 1 hour walk later on this evening after dinner to burn off some calories and tone up the jiggly old thighs LOL :D

Today's Menu

Breakfast - Black Tea/Coffee, 1 Slice Toast, 1 Poached Egg, Half Banana
Lunch - 5 Ritz/TUC Biscuits, 4oz Cottage Cheese, Half Grapefruit, 2 Satsumas
Dinner - 2 Slices of any cold meat, 4oz Broccoli, 2oz Carrotts, the other Half Banana and 4oz Vanilla Ice-Cream

The cottage cheese was nice with the Ritz but i couldnt eat it on its own, im not quite sure why because Im an avid cheese fan and can eat a whole block myself! Must be the texture and taste of cottage cheese....hmmmmm.:confused:

I hate broccoli so im going to substitute this with Fine/Runner/Green beans! I'm sorry but I JUST CANT EAT BROCCOLI !!:9529:

Im sure most of you agree with me!!!!
:queen:

Back