Query for CDC: post-op return to CD

Lesleyfx

Flutytooty
Hi all. I used first Lipotrim last summer and then CD from last september to lose weight for my op. March 13th I had a total hip replacement, uncemented. This means major operation with muscle, tissue and bone healing. (uncemented means bone has to fuse with and grow into metal parts)
While I'm busy recovering I'm putting on weight and I hate it!!! I need to find out how soon I can return to using CD and more specifically how soon I can do SS??? My surgeon doesn't know enough about CD to want to comment.
Please has anyone ha to deal with these or similar circumstances and know the answers?
Thanks.:)

You can't use any CD programmes for 12 weeks after an operation, hun - your body needs 'proper' food in order to repair itself, I'm afraid.

Hope you recover really soon xxxxxx

:) Thanks chuck, :eek: Oh blast! that means another 5 weeks of struggling with myself :devilangel: and gradually growing :wave_cry:

You could always try WW or SW while you're waiting to come back. I've just had a client return after an op and she managed to keep her gain down to 8 lbs :cool:

I applaud her!!! I really do!!! I think I just have too many issues with food still.... I need to abstain again to get my head sorted again. When I first came off SS I switched to SW... but gradually everything slipped, including any determination! My weight has slipped up over 2st.... argh!!!
Especially not good when it's weight that will wear my new joint out faster. I really am stupid!

No Lesley, you are not stupid at all.

All this inactivity msut be very frustrating. You are perfectly normal.

This 5 weeks will soon fly by. Just try to keep off the carbs and you will limit the damage.

Good luck. You will soon be losing again

Back