CDC Advice please: surgeon's permission given

Lesleyfx

Flutytooty
Hi CDC's and everyone,
I had a hip replacement in March. I saw my surgeon yesterday and he's given his permission for me to return to CD as soon as I want. He's writing to my GP and copying the letter to me. Will a copy of this be enough to allow a CDC to accept me at 10 weeks post-op? I still have half of me to lose.... BMI is 50.

Hi hun - personally I would get your CDC to ring up Gill who is the medical officer at CHWP HQ and discuss it with her. I think the problem might be that their medical insurance would be invalid should you become unwell.

Great news that your surgeon is happy for you to recommence though!

xxxxx

I would always check something like that with Gill.

Get your CDC to give her a quick ring but standard procedure is a 12 week wait post op.

I had a similar request from a lady with GP approval to restart after 6 weeks post op but Gill said she would have to wait.

M.

Oh bother! Thanks guys... I'll ask her to ring and check but looks like I'll probably have to wait 2 weeks.... hmmm... what shall I eat? ;)

Just use the next two weeks as a nice gentle preparation for going back on the diet.

So go with some nice lovely summer salads / fruit / strawbs etc with high protein chicken / fish etc and try and steer clear of the bread / pasta / sugar etc that makes the first few weeks of the diet harder.

M.

Back