Question About a Countdown

Lianna

Silver Member
i txt my C today to ask if i will loose a week as im not well today so wont be going to class, and she said yes how unfair to loose a week because your ill!!! anyone got any views on this?

I think it's a bit mean, it doesn't encourage you to get another countdown.

I'm not too sure how the countdown works but I'm sure she could sort it so you don't miss out.

I thought you could have 6 weeks' holday. However, I've not been a member long enough to have any holiday, so don't know how it works. Can you try your consultant again, and ask if you can use it as holiday?

Annie

you need to tell your C about any holidays when you buy your countdown as once you buy your countdown you cannot get holiday weeks apparently

Q: What about holidays?
A: Tell your Consultant in advance and you won't have to pay for missed weeks. You are allowed to miss six weeks without charge in any year for holidays and illness. If you are on holiday in the UK you will be welcome to sign in as a visitor at your nearest group.

I just found the above in the FAQs on the SW webiste.

Annie

Is your class now computerised? We're switching over in the next couple of weeks, and my consultant was telling me that if you buy a countdown in the new system, you will lose a week if you miss a class during that countdown! You have to declare any intended holiday weeks when you buy the countdown! So ours was telling us to think very carefully if we decide to buy one! If you're not computerised yet, it's at the consultants discretion!X

Yeah unfortunatly we are computerised, thing is you cant tell your consultant when your going to be Ill as how would you know? i think there should be some kind of le way for illness!!

^^^ funcurls is right. If you are on the computerised system then you'll lose the week. If I were you and you can go, just go to get weighed then you won't feel so robbed.
The 6 weeks you can miss per year are for holidays and sickness. I think (and this is my opinion) this is to stop people being "ill" when they have simply had a bad week.

Yeah unfortunatly we are computerised, thing is you cant tell your consultant when your going to be Ill as how would you know? i think there should be some kind of le way for illness!!

I know, it's REALLY annoying!! It's just another way to get more money out of people! I won't be buying anymore countdowns as although I've been able to make my classes so far, I can't ever guarantee it because I work shifts so would be REALLY annoyed if I had to lose money because of work, or as you say illness!!! X

I might just drag myself to class even tho i feel like death warmed up just so i dont loose out!!

But how could they know that you are genuinely ill and not just "pulling a sicky"? Not that I'm suggesting you are doing this but I know people ring and say they are ill when they have just been off plan for the week.

Thats a no win situation but its very unfair for the people who are genuinley sick like me! i know its only a cold as some people might say but colds canmake you feel absolutly terrible X

Juat a wee question but if someone wanted to use all their 6 weeks off during the year pulling sickies because they had been off plan what difference would it really make to slimming world....they cap you at 6 and they should be at your choosing wether it is because you can't be bothered...you feel like you have pigged out or because you are poorly...those six weeks are surely your to ave off for whatever reason and they will still get 46 weeks out of you if you stick the year anyway ;)

Yes the 6 weeks off are for sickness or holiday, whatever you choose. This is in relation to a countdown where you must prebook your holiday weeks or you lose them. I guess this is to stop you "pulling a sicky" but it is annoying when people are genuinely sick. That's the point!

My C has told me to lodge a complaint to HQ not in the nicest of ways either!!! so i will! how do i do so??

Back