Question about CD foodpacks...

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows why there is so much fat and carbs in each CD pack- looking at it, if I have 3 quorn 'chicken' breasts and a bit of gravy with veg I have taken in less cals, fat AND carbs, and I have eaten a meal!!

Just wondering why this is and also what you think of my plan to have 2 shakes plus a meal like this each day? It would cost me less in tetras (thats all I like) reducing my weekly spend on CD from £38 to £22 and allow me to eat a little very healthy food at the same time. NB Im not doing cambridge because I have emotional eating issues, Im just trying to undo years of bad habits (no exercise, drinking too much alchohol at uni and eating portions bigger than I should have). I would rather not cut out food but SS is the only way I have found to lose weight quickly and safely. I dont want to do 790 as cant afford 3 a day PLUS food- so wondered if this plan might be acceptable? xxx

Hello :)

Each pack contains a third of your reccomended daily intake of fat, protein, minerals, vitamins etc etc. It would be impossible to to get the correct nutrients on such low calories with conventional food at such low calorie levels. The cambridge packs are nutritionally complete meal replacements.

If you intend to only have two packs a day you must step up to the 1000 calorie plan. Please please do not take just two packs a day and a meal. With one meal a day (790) the three packs are needed to keep you healthy :)

Ok thanks- just wondered as my friend is doing his own diet where he just eats one chicken salad every day and lost loads of weight but seems really healthy and well! And thats without any CD shakes or anything. xxx

Hiya, the packs have all the vitamins and nutrients you need for the day. I'm on the 1200 plan so i have 2 tetras and then 900kcals of low fat low carb low gi food and aside from my TOTM month week ive lost 6lbs so far and 4 inches off my waist in 2 weeks

Ok thanks- just wondered as my friend is doing his own diet where he just eats one chicken salad every day and lost loads of weight but seems really healthy and well!

Suppose it depends on what's in his chicken salad. Chicken, potatoes, mayonnaise, egg. All adds up.

If he's having a basic salad. Chicken, lettuce, toms and cucumber, he may look healthy, but sometimes it takes a while to filter through and you start falling to bits;)

i had chicken salad for my tea tonight which comprised of lettuce and umm chicken lmao

Hmmm sounds good- just questioning whether SS is best- i want to avoid choices as much as poss as when im presented with a choice i find it difficult to restrain myself to the best things for me and push it as far as i can- at least with SS theres no way i can do that. Plus the losses are great- i think i will just carry on with three tetras and the odd bit of protein as i have been doing xxx

you do what you feel is right for you and aslong as it had the desired effect :-D

Ok thanks- just wondered as my friend is doing his own diet where he just eats one chicken salad every day and lost loads of weight but seems really healthy and well! And thats without any CD shakes or anything. xxx

Is it just me or does this just seem totally ridiculous and very very unhealthy...Your friend is at serious risk of not getting vital vitamins and nutrients from his food....did anyone see that poor bride who had a stomach op to lose weight and got down to 8 1/2 stone from 20 plus...it killed her shortly after her wedding because she was not getting all the vitamin and mineral needed to survive.

Your friend needs to see a doc for a proper plan he is cutting out whole food groups and is dieting to the extreme.

Sorry if it sounds bossy but if this really is all he is eating his health is at risk.

Is it just me or does this just seem totally ridiculous and very very unhealthy...Your friend is at serious risk of not getting vital vitamins and nutrients from his food....did anyone see that poor bride who had a stomach op to lose weight and got down to 8 1/2 stone from 20 plus...it killed her shortly after her wedding.

Your friend needs to see a doc for a proper plan he is cutting out whole food groups and is dieting to the extreme.

Sorry if it sounds bossy but if this really is all he is eating his health is at risk.

She really died??????????:eek::eek:

omg how dreadful but it reiterates how important it is to follow a healthy diet!!!

Sorry i should have been more clear- its not just leaves and chicken- he uses small amounts of pasta, or sometimes potato, he also adds things like peppers, avocado etc so it has a total cal content of about 600 cals. Hes not skinny and isnt tryin to get skinny but has gone from a 19 stone person with severe health problems to a 12 stone average bloke and is now slowly getting back to normal eaiting habits. Of course I understand this might not be healthy but it worked for him thats all im sayin! xx

Back