Question about eating cereal

Purple_Star

Silver Member
Hey guys

This might be a bit random, lol, but I was wondering about cereal. At one time on the old ww core plan, you could only have cereal if you added milk to it as otherwise it doesn't count as a filling food, I assume its something to do with GI? We were always told that even if you had a glass of milk with it, it wouldn't count as the milk had to be on it.
I suppose its like soup - its proven that when you eat soup its more filling than eating the same ingredients whole, even if you drink water with it - something to do with how long it stays in your tummy.
Anyway, I was wondering what sw's view is on this? I love wheatibix mini to nibble on, but hate them with milk on. Do you think its ok to nibble on the measured portion of wheatibix throughout the day and count it as HEX B?

Thanks

Nicola

yeah purple star you can nibble on them, for example you can have ryvita for brekkie and rice pudding (using hexa) for pudding after tea. you dont have to combine your hexs just make sure you eat all of you hex a or b during the day other wise if u only eat half you have to syn them :D

. . . . We were always told that even if you had a glass of milk with it, it wouldn't count as the milk had to be on it.

How would your stomach know the difference between cereal with milk in a spoon from a bowl, and cereal with milk drunk from a glass, if it all went down at the same time? :confused:

How would your stomach know the difference between cereal with milk in a spoon from a bowl, and cereal with milk drunk from a glass, if it all went down at the same time? :confused:

Hi hon

Did you see that programme on bbc a year or so ago - 10 things you need to know about losing weight?

It was really good!

Anyway they had a bit about soup. They had soldiers eat a lunch with a glass of water. The other half had the exact same lunch but pureed into soup with the glass of water added. Docs scanned their tummies every hour, the crowd that had the food were all hungry 2 hours after and their tummies were empty. The soup people still had full tummies!! Amazing!! They reckoned the consistancy of the soup made it harder to digest.

I am assuming this is were ww are coming from with the cereal xx

I get the bit about soup. You are changing the structure of the food. But you are not pureeing the cereal! OK, I suppose it is going to get a bit soggy from the milk in the few minutes before you eat it, but I can't see it making that much difference.

Bound to have someone from the Council keeping an eye on it and would no doubt grass you up lol

Hi hon

Did you see that programme on bbc a year or so ago - 10 things you need to know about losing weight?

It was really good!

Anyway they had a bit about soup. They had soldiers eat a lunch with a glass of water. The other half had the exact same lunch but pureed into soup with the glass of water added. Docs scanned their tummies every hour, the crowd that had the food were all hungry 2 hours after and their tummies were empty. The soup people still had full tummies!! Amazing!! They reckoned the consistancy of the soup made it harder to digest.

I am assuming this is were ww are coming from with the cereal xx

If that be the case then hurrah lets all have fruit smoothies!

..Er, hang on...!! Bah!

I will often save my weetabix crunchy bran and eat it dry while watching tv at night. It staves off the munchies.

I like doing that Judi, I put it in a bowl with other 'pickable' foods like blueberries and caramel snack a jacks and make a big bowl of 'tropical mix' to pick at.

Back