Question about getting near target weight

Purple_Star

Silver Member
Hey guys

Happy new year to you all!

Basically my story is, I lost my weight on ww and got to goal early October. I then lost a bit more as it took me a while to get the hang of maintenance. I then lowered my goal weight with ww.

Anyway, I seem to have gained 3lbs or so and would like to lose that plus another 3lbs so I am a little under my ww goal weight. I am finding it too hard to stick to my now very low ww points - your daily allowance reduces with your weight. So I thought I would have a go at sw to lose these few lbs.

So really, what I am wondering is - will this work??? I am trying to do EE. I am eating loooaaaaddddsssss though.

As I have so little to lose, will this work? Can I really eat free foods completely unlimited, or should I be reducing my portions like I have to on ww?

I feel like I am eating waaayyyyyy too much, but then maybe thats because I could eat so little on ww :cool:

I would love to hear how others have altered their eating as they approach goal.

Thanks xxxx

Congratulations on your losses to date - you've done great!
With regard to free foods, the SW advice is to eat until you are satisfied then you do this then fine, but if you feel stuffed or are eating for comfort/celebration/boredom etc then you're not following the plan right. As a person loses weight their appetite will naturally reduce in line with the lower energy requirements of their body. I continued to eat freely of all the free foods throughout my weight loss journey and still do, even though I've been at target for years. I'm vegetarian so I do all green and eat lots of rice, pasta, cous cous etc. But that said I do think it's important to build your meals around fruit/veg rather than these or the meat/fish.

And with such a small amount to lose you may want to consider exercise rather than diet as a way of shifting those last few pounds.

Whatever you decide to do - good luck!

Thanku so much for your advice. And I am delighted you have maintained so well, I am going to see if you have a diary for me to nosey at. I am so scared of maintenance! Its lovely to see someone who has been so successful with it xxx

I am in a similar position; last few lbs to go.
Really think about what you are eating; cut down red meat (and meat altogether if you can help it), eat plenty of fibre (beans, vegetables) and have a big variety.
And exercise if possible, running is brilliant.

Back