Question about joining books etc

Hi

Have been to slimming world (SW) a few times but did weight watchers (ww) back in the early 1990's. My local SW is a bit grim and the consultant isn't great but I was thinking about retrying WW once again. Can anyone tell me what to expect these days on joining - I ask coz back in the old days you got the books/instructions on the programme over a series of weeks but it was fustrating to say the least. Do you now get all the stuff you need from the start or not? Just that it gets a bit boring to have to wait for it all.
Thanks
Ray

Hi Raybaybaby- I love the idea of SW and 'free foods' but just can't seem to lose weight with it.

I just joined WW online so don't know how the meetings work if you get the books or not? I just track everything online and I'm loving it. I use this great site too for info and inspiration. I've lost 3 weeks in a row. Unheard of for me so I'm loving it. Maybe someone that goes to meetings can answer.

Good luck.

At your first meetng you get the blue folder which has a loads of info and a paper 'calculator' to get you started. Every week you get a little booklet with recipes and other ideas/info in but you could definately do it just with the folder you get. Athough i would defo buy a proper calculator.
Hth

Thanks for the information. Wow Purple Rain - you've had an amazing weight loss - you must be so pleased with your results - really consistent losses. All on WW I am guessing. May have to try it out and see how it goes - I have a voucher for free joining and first class free so maybe I should bite the bullet and try it, at least for a week - it won't cost me anything....... better maybe than doing my own thing which is currently what I'm up to - well this week anyhow. Since the summer I have been pretty much eating what I fancy which luckily hasn't put any weight on but has resulted in a stagnation.

Appreciate the feedback

Back