question about net carbs

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
hello,

i have just bought weight watchers premium pork sausages, not sure what they taste like though! on the back it says carbs are 3.0g but then 'of which sugars' is 0.4g so which one counts as the actual carbs value towards the daily allowance? is it the 3g of carbs or the 0.4g? ive always been a bit confused about this which is why when i do atkins i tend to stick to just the 'proper' proteins and fats like chicken or fish so i know what i'm eating is defo ok!

Hi - first of all this is a high fat diet, full fat sausages are much much better for you to have.

Second - net carbs do not exist in the UK. I know the book is confusing on this issue but it is an American labeling thing only. In the UK everything that needs to be deducted has been done for us - deduct anything else and you'll be doing it twice.

Just go by the full carbohydrate count. Do not deduct sugars. Do not deduct fibre.

3g carbs for a whole pack isn't awful, 3g per sausage wouldn't be good at all, but either way it sounds like there's some rusk or breadcrumb filler in there. Take a look in the stickies section at the shopping list sticky - lots of proper full fat sausages with zero filler and next to no carbs listed there. I'd feed the weightwatchers ones to someone else ;)

Hi - first of all this is a high fat diet, full fat sausages are much much better for you to have.

Second - net carbs do not exist in the UK. I know the book is confusing on this issue but it is an American labeling thing only. In the UK everything that needs to be deducted has been done for us - deduct anything else and you'll be doing it twice.

Just go by the full carbohydrate count. Do not deduct sugars. Do not deduct fibre.

3g carbs for a whole pack isn't awful, 3g per sausage wouldn't be good at all, but either way it sounds like there's some rusk or breadcrumb filler in there. Take a look in the stickies section at the shopping list sticky - lots of proper full fat sausages with zero filler and next to no carbs listed there. I'd feed the weightwatchers ones to someone else ;)

thanks! its 3g per sausage eek! maybe i'll freeze them and eat them when i'm not doing atkins!

Back