Question about Slimming World

claireandpete

Hi all,

I am thinking about trying Slimming World cos I know lots of people who have had great success.

I just don't get how it can work though-does it work along the same lines as food combining?

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks for your time,

Claire

No. It's not a food combining diet. Itworks by cutting your energy intake by allowing you to eat satisfying, energy dense foods that fill you up whilst lowering your calorie intake.
There is an explanation on the SW site under Food Optimising.

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. It's really not about having carbs and proteins on different days. On a green day you can eat unlimited amounts of quorn and pulses - both of which are high in protein. As eternity said it's about filling up on foods that keep you satisfied for longer relative to their calorie count. By doing this you are less inclined to fill up on high calorie, low satiety foods and so your total calorie intake remains low and you lose weight. The red/green is just a way of organising foods in a memorable way. :)

I would say it is a form of food combining. My sister has done the Hay diet in the past for her IBS & it's simlar.
Not really otherwise EE wouldn't work. if you added up all the calories you consume with SW you will notice that every day they will work out between 1500 and 2000. Quite difficult to go over this without going way over your syns or eating just for the sake of it

It's been explained in class as using foods with high energy density, as said above, you get good 'bulk' for your calories! ALso, I know I definitely didn't get fat by eating too much pasta (for example!) it's the high calorie, low density things that piled it oN!

Back