Green Day Question about the lasagne sheet "crisps"

Xcharlibobx

Silver Member
S: 14st4.0lb C: 13st9lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 28.2 Loss: 0st9lb(4.5%)
Sorry if this has been asked before, I know they come up a lot lol but I would like some clarification :)

I know there's the great debate about the Lasagne sheet crisps being food abuse & I completely see where that is coming from.

However, I normally have Doritos topped with chilli & a salsa/dip. Which I really miss :'(

So if I made lasagne crisps topped with syn free Quorn chilli & a syn free salsa, would they then be part of a meal & therefore free?

Surely it's no different to having a lasagne?? Or would they still need synning? Can anyone clarify? :D

Hope this makes sense :)

Charli XxX

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Danielley89

S: 17st4.5lb C: 16st1.5lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 33.3 Loss: 1st3lb(7.01%)
this is what it says on their site:
2. Are couscous cake and lasagne-sheet ‘Doritos’ Free?

You might be disappointed to hear that they’re not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned.
When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they’re low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods – giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they’re often used as additions to a main meal… and on top of your day’s Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns.

so i would guess that if you only used the amount you would eat if it was in a lasagne portion then they would still be free? couldn't be sure though!

Xcharlibobx

Silver Member
It's so confusing! It would be about the same amount so I guess it would be free?! I suppose I could try it & see if effects my losses, either way it's better than Doritos ;)

Charli XxX

speccyblue

S: 17st5.5lb C: 13st4lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 26.7 Loss: 4st1.5lb(23.61%)
Perhaps contact SW Head Office, they should know:

Slimming World,
PO Box 55,
Alfreton,
Derbyshire, DE55 4UE
Telephone: 0844 892 0400
Fax: 0844 892 0401

charleybabes

Silver Member
S: 11st12lb C: 11st12lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
personally i would say make them.. if you are only using the same amount that you would use to make a lasagne with and you are having them as part of a meal and not a snack i cant see the problem myself..

Xcharlibobx

Silver Member
speccyblue said:
Perhaps contact SW Head Office, they should know:

Slimming World,
PO Box 55,
Alfreton,
Derbyshire, DE55 4UE
Telephone: 0844 892 0400
Fax: 0844 892 0401

Oooh good thinking, thanks :)

Charli XxX

ermintrude

Gold Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
Sorry if this has been asked before, I know they come up a lot lol but I would like some clarification :)

I know there's the great debate about the Lasagne sheet crisps being food abuse & I completely see where that is coming from.

However, I normally have Doritos topped with chilli & a salsa/dip. Which I really miss :'(

So if I made lasagne crisps topped with syn free Quorn chilli & a syn free salsa, would they then be part of a meal & therefore free?

Surely it's no different to having a lasagne?? Or would they still need synning? Can anyone clarify? :D

Hope this makes sense :)

Charli XxX

The thing is they'e really not that many syns anyway:

Dried pasta, lasagne sheets, each

Personally I would just count them.

Xcharlibobx

Silver Member
True.

Even if I count them they'll be so much better than Doritos :D

Charli XxX

Kristina88

S: 13st5lb C: 13st5lb G: 9st2lb BMI: 31.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Personally (im no SW expert like but) I would think if they were used as part of a meal with enough (maybe a little more) super free needed then it would be exactly the same as eating a plate of lasagne or pasta. Just try making your own salsa with loads of veg and then see if it has an effect on your weight loss. I highly doubt it unless your eating a mountain of it 5 nights a week. xx

Walter Bishop

S: 11st8lb C: 10st12.5lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 27 Loss: 0st9.5lb(5.86%)
I agree, just make it as part of a meal or if you are concerned syn as ermintrude says. I am sure that if they are bulked out and eaten as a meal rather than as a snack, it should be fine. ;)

Soph08

My consultant said if you want to eat them, have them as part of a meal, like you said you were going to do. But if you notice that you are not losing that the lasagne crisps would be the first thing to go!

Xcharlibobx

Silver Member
Thanks everyone!! I'll try not syning & see how I go, if I notice a slow down (that's not KFC related :() I'll syn them :D

Charli XxX