Green Day Question about the lasagne sheet "crisps"

Xcharlibobx

Silver Member
Sorry if this has been asked before, I know they come up a lot lol but I would like some clarification :)

I know there's the great debate about the Lasagne sheet crisps being food abuse & I completely see where that is coming from.

However, I normally have Doritos topped with chilli & a salsa/dip. Which I really miss :'(

So if I made lasagne crisps topped with syn free Quorn chilli & a syn free salsa, would they then be part of a meal & therefore free?

Surely it's no different to having a lasagne?? Or would they still need synning? Can anyone clarify? :D

Hope this makes sense :)

Charli XxX

this is what it says on their site:
2. Are couscous cake and lasagne-sheet ‘Doritos’ Free?

You might be disappointed to hear that they’re not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned.
When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they’re low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods – giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they’re often used as additions to a main meal… and on top of your day’s Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns.

so i would guess that if you only used the amount you would eat if it was in a lasagne portion then they would still be free? couldn't be sure though!

It's so confusing! It would be about the same amount so I guess it would be free?! I suppose I could try it & see if effects my losses, either way it's better than Doritos ;)

Charli XxX

Perhaps contact SW Head Office, they should know:

Slimming World,
PO Box 55,
Alfreton,
Derbyshire, DE55 4UE
Telephone: 0844 892 0400
Fax: 0844 892 0401

personally i would say make them.. if you are only using the same amount that you would use to make a lasagne with and you are having them as part of a meal and not a snack i cant see the problem myself..

speccyblue said:
Perhaps contact SW Head Office, they should know:

Slimming World,
PO Box 55,
Alfreton,
Derbyshire, DE55 4UE
Telephone: 0844 892 0400
Fax: 0844 892 0401

Oooh good thinking, thanks :)

Charli XxX

Sorry if this has been asked before, I know they come up a lot lol but I would like some clarification :)

I know there's the great debate about the Lasagne sheet crisps being food abuse & I completely see where that is coming from.

However, I normally have Doritos topped with chilli & a salsa/dip. Which I really miss :'(

So if I made lasagne crisps topped with syn free Quorn chilli & a syn free salsa, would they then be part of a meal & therefore free?

Surely it's no different to having a lasagne?? Or would they still need synning? Can anyone clarify? :D

Hope this makes sense :)

Charli XxX

The thing is they'e really not that many syns anyway:

Dried pasta, lasagne sheets, each

Personally I would just count them.

Personally (im no SW expert like but) I would think if they were used as part of a meal with enough (maybe a little more) super free needed then it would be exactly the same as eating a plate of lasagne or pasta. Just try making your own salsa with loads of veg and then see if it has an effect on your weight loss. I highly doubt it unless your eating a mountain of it 5 nights a week. xx

I agree, just make it as part of a meal or if you are concerned syn as ermintrude says. I am sure that if they are bulked out and eaten as a meal rather than as a snack, it should be fine. ;)

My consultant said if you want to eat them, have them as part of a meal, like you said you were going to do. But if you notice that you are not losing that the lasagne crisps would be the first thing to go!

Back