Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Question about Tuna...

Discussion in 'CD 1000-maintenance' started by alexmummy07, 24 June 2009 Social URL.

1. alexmummy07

alexmummy07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.47%)
    Diet:
    CD/SW
    Hi All

Just a quick question, I'm doing my weeks shopping, and as most of you know, finances are not all that fab.

I was just wondering, seeing as there is quite a big price difference in Tuna, is there a lot of difference between Tuna in Brine to Tuna in Spring Water? If I bought the Tuna in Brine, but washed it more thoroughly as such, would this be ok? Or should I really try and cut Tuna out apart from once a week or something?

Just a thought anyway...

I'm on 1000 plan xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    You are not supposed to have tuna in brine because of the salt content and the fact that you will retain fluid if you have salt. I know what you mean about the price difference though as I bought some a few weeks ago, I think you are only supposed to have tuna twice a week anyway, seem to remember reading something about that, but my book is downstairs...

4. alexmummy07

alexmummy07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.47%)
    Diet:
    CD/SW
    I read the bit too about only twice a week, but CDC said that was only if pregnant or trying to be (and im def neither lol!) Oh well, I'll just have to pay a bit extra. xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.