Question about your CDC

I see my cdc in a garage that is used as an office, it is not attached to her home.
I see her weekly, and it varies how long. Often 5 minutes but now and then a little longer. I think that the most is 20 minutes.
She has never said anything about delivery, but I doubt it somehow.
She has never offered me any contact out of the weekly session. I have to email her my order each week and she then has it ready and waiting for me when I go for wi. I think that she does this to cut down on the amount of time I spend there! I did once tell her that I was struggling when I emailed her my order and she didn't acknowledge it at all, even when I went for wi.
So what I would like from her is more support!!! I would like to be able to contact her in the week if I am struggling, and to feel like she is interested in me when I go for wi. I often feel like we spend as much time talking about her diet than mine! When I have cheated she doesn't say anything encouraging, or to help me. I feel that she is doing it for the money, cos I can't see any other reason. I have thought about changing, but she is cheaper than others in the area and very close, so I will stick with it and hopefully get enough support here!
If I ever become a cdc I hope to be nothing like her!
bingbong

1 - Where do you see your CDC? Bedroom/Kitchen/Office/Living Room/hired premises?

CDC house she has a room just for CD with all her stock, till, chairs etc..

2 - how long do you spend with you CDC? (i.e 30 minutes once a week/2 hours once a month etc)

Mine does 15 mins appointment (weekly)which doesnt sound a lot but i have found that is spot on to be weighed, buy my supplies and have a chat. If i needed more time i know she would happily give me the extra time.

3 - does your CDC offer delivery? do they charge for this?

She has never offered a delivery service so not sure if one is available with her.

4 - Are you able to contact your CDC easily?

I can phone my cdc (she has a dedicated cd line) and leave a message if she is not in and she get backs to me within a few hours. She also has email but is slow or doesnt respond back so if its urgent i always phone her.

If you could ask something more of your CDC what would it be? ie, my first CDC had lots of kids that always interuppted our 121, and as much as I love kids and they were lovely, she would spend 20 minutes sorting them out and 5 minutes with me, i used to come away miffed!

Not much really as my cdc is efficent, friendly & knowledgable. Always has excellant range of all CD stock. Cant fault her apart from she doesnt respond back to emails but does quickly via phone.

I see my cdc in a garage that is used as an office, it is not attached to her home.
I see her weekly, and it varies how long. Often 5 minutes but now and then a little longer. I think that the most is 20 minutes.
She has never said anything about delivery, but I doubt it somehow.
She has never offered me any contact out of the weekly session. I have to email her my order each week and she then has it ready and waiting for me when I go for wi. I think that she does this to cut down on the amount of time I spend there! I did once tell her that I was struggling when I emailed her my order and she didn't acknowledge it at all, even when I went for wi.
So what I would like from her is more support!!! I would like to be able to contact her in the week if I am struggling, and to feel like she is interested in me when I go for wi. I often feel like we spend as much time talking about her diet than mine! When I have cheated she doesn't say anything encouraging, or to help me. I feel that she is doing it for the money, cos I can't see any other reason. I have thought about changing, but she is cheaper than others in the area and very close, so I will stick with it and hopefully get enough support here!
If I ever become a cdc I hope to be nothing like her!
bingbong

Haver you not another CDC you could see in your area?
x

Tillyfloss,
I have looked into it but she is the cheapest and most convenient. I just can't afford more and others seem to be at least £5 a week more, which adds up and I just can't afford it.
I was doing fine and didn't need the support but lately I am really really struggling and I wish that I had a cdc that I could go to. Even when I see her for wi she doesn't seem to care much that I am finding it hard.
I hate it and it is really not helping this get any easier but I don't feel like I have much choice unfortunately.

Bingbong

its difficult isn't it..... is it worth maybe telling her you are struggling and saying that you really feel you need support right now?

Maybe say something like " I know I never usually have to ask you for support, but at the moment I am really struggling"

Back