question for the ladies

ninababes

Gold Member
Right those that have been on CD over their time of the month did you still lose weight?

I wish I could tell you that I did lose weight during that TTOM, but I didnt.....I was so good during the whole week......but when it came to weigh in......I had actually gained. :eek:

My CDC assured me it must have been water retention.....so am waiting for my next weigh in which is this sat.....watch this space!!!

Otherwise, you are doing well 6lbs lost already.

I did, actually, but only a couple of pounds.

BUT...... I've never really had any water retention or bad symptoms though, so that could be a factor.

it's just i've weighed myself today and according to my scales (which were the same as CDC's last week) i'm 2lbs HEAVIER than my start weight

i started my totm a couple of days after starting cd and was on for nearly 3 weeks for some strange reason and i lost every week

i only lost 1 1/2 pounds .... i am due on in the next day or so and have my weigh in tomorrow and think it will affect it again.

I think it can have a huge effect - up to 7lbs so try not to worry

xxx

it's so depressing :'(

No i didnt , the day before totm looked like i was going to get good result , on day of weigh in put on 4lb which i know is water retention cause i am on ss 100% and my jeans are tight lol

julesrush

well big hugs to EVERYONE's who's TOTM it is!!!

thanks for the hug ninababes :D here's one for you too :hug99:

I began CD and TOTM on the very same day...it was awful. Getting into ketosis and having totm was dreadful for me....but I stuck with it and lost 9lbs in my first week.

I am TOTM now and AAM week too so i don't imagine that I will lose this week but.....I'd be totally gutted if I gained..:cry:
If I don't lose weight this week then I would pray for a decent weight loss in the following week.

Hope you're feeling ok hun xxx sj

Firstly, well done on starting on Cambridge.. you won't regret it :D

As for weight loss over TOTM... it will vary from individual to individual.. I know in the build up to mine the scales do show a change and whilst I've not gained during the diet due to TOTM, they were small losses in the week before and then a great loss the week after.

The key to staying positive on this diet is to not look at the weekly picture, but the monthly one and DO NOT compare to anyone else. This is YOUR weight loss journey - you have a different physiology to anyone else and it just puts unnecessary pressure on you to try and compare to others. My losses have always been completely irratic, whilst there are those who lose 3-4lbs a week consistently... lol

Please don't let TOTM weight fluctuations get you down... they are temporary and you will find that over the month your loss will be fab! :D

With this diet, if you stick to it, you WILL lose lots of weight in a short period of time, honest :D

Good luck and hope TOTM is not too much of a trial for you... :)

THanks for the motivation folks, i'm not atall tempted to go off the diet just will be annyong if beoz i'm a woman means i wont lose weight this week i know it'll show next week but it'll just b a bit of a downer for me. Plus i'm a bit worried about next week, we're going to stay at fiance's parents house for the week and they don't know i'm on this diet even though i'm on the 1200 and will be having a meal at night they usually tend to put potatoes and oil/butter with everything they cook they even put butter in spaghetti!!!! So i'm a little apprehensive

BUT i'm feeling less hormonal today but it's another stressful day, my bunny is poorly, gotta take her to the vets later she might have snuffles i know it sounds really cute but it can kill them if not treated in time, she's my lil baby :'( so im really worried about her too and i've been chomping on my nails for comfort and to top it off i woke with another migraine and the neurologist still hasnt advised my gp of my new medication so i'll just have to suffer and drink oodles of water to make sure i'm thoroughly hydtrated, hope everyone's doing well today (((Hugs)))

aaaw ninababes, I hope your wittle bunny wabbit is ok....aaawwww you got a picture you could post on the thread??

I hope your migraine goes soon, are you on a PREVENTATIVE treatment??

xx sj

Yep been on amitryptaline for 2 yrs and propanalol but i have migraines at least once a week for which they've given me Zolmitriptan nasal spray earlier this yr as the imigran and naramig didn't touch them but the preventitive meds is meant to be changing to topamax which is an antiepileptic drug and causes weight loss woohoo!!!! but they're so debilitating, last yr i missed 6 months of uni i was that poorly with them

I found that i lost about 2-3 lbs when TOTM ( 3-4lbs per week was my average weightloss on SS ). But i wouldn't worry about it because it probably is due to water retention and the following week you will have a bigger loss. Thats what kept me going.

good luck xx

Back