Question: yoghurts

katalena

Enjoying life!
I do have a question if anyone can help.

Can I have a ww fat free yoghurt at lunch time after nibbling some raw veggies or should I save it until after my meal in the evening?

I have been reading through other's RTM first couple of weeks and I noticed some people had flavoured fat free yogs in week 2 - so I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Kat xx

I believe it's the yeovalley low fat types but not to sure

It is more the "can I have it at lunch time" and "can I have the flavoured ones in week 2" rather than the make, I don't think the make is an issue providing the fat content is checked - my LLC has said she is happy with the WW fat free ones or any virtually fat free/fat free ones :) I just forgot to ask whether I could do so at lunch time and if I could have the flavoured ones yet.

Thanks Ken

Kat xx

Kat

I think you can have the flavoured ones so long as they are the low fat varieties and don't have pieces of real fruit.

As far as I know there is no set time when you must eat your snack or meal. It's all about learning to control within what suits your life. I'm sure some of the more experienced folk will come and give a more definitive answer. Personally I don't think it's a problem if you eat yoghurt at lunchtime.

Hi Kat,

I am on the same week as you and am on day 2 of week 2 today and I had my 250g of veg/salad for my lunch, along with a petot filous frmage frais.

I must admit, the food is really filling me up so much I am struggling to get all 3 packs in, especially now we are supposed to be having a snack. Although I did read in the big RTM book that although a snack is allowed, you don't actually have to eat it. It's entirley up to the individual.

Hi Becks and thanks for that!

Well done on your week 1 RTM weightloss! Bloody brilliant! I bet that was a nice surprise!

I get my 2 foodpacks & 1 bar in before 1530-1600 so that they have gone before dinner time.

I take approx 160g of chopped mixed veggies to work and have those at lunch time either on their own or with a dessert spoonful of fromage frais mixed with chopped spring onion and 2 tsp on salad dressing.

I then do my meal for approx 1900 and have jelly & yoghurt after it.

I am glad to find someone else on the same week/day!

Are you enjoying it and feeling relaxed about eating/food choices?

I have to say I am looking forward to week 3 for quinoa and fruit!

Kat xx

I am feeling great. I think because I wasn't 100% (at all) before the start of RTM, that is probably why I had such a big loss last week. I do feel reinvigorated doing RTM now and so glad that I am doing it.

I am so enjoying the food but sometimes can't work out if I am having too much. I am never bursting though, just nice and satisfied.

Last night I had the most gorgeous chicken. I mixed together some soy sauce, garlic and some chinese 5 spice, made some slits in the top of the fillet and put the sauce over the top. I cooked it for about 20-25 minutes and voila, chinese style chicken. It was divine. I can see myself having that more often!!

To say that I have only been doing RTM for 1.5 weeks I can really see my body shape changing. I don't know if it is because of the food that I am eating or beacause of the excercise (although I have always exercised throughout LL). I also feel like I have got so much more energy too.

How are you feeling Kat?

You're ring is absolutely gorgous by the way. When me and OH got engaged a few years ago and I decided that beacause I was big and wanted to loose weight I didn't want him spending a lot of money on a ring that I would be getting made smaller when I'd lost the weight. So he just bought me a cheapie one. He has mentioned that in the new year sales he wants to buy me a really expensive one. I can't wait.

I will keep you updated as to how I am getting on. I really don't have masses of time to write a journal but I will post what I can x x

Hi Becks

I know what you mean about feeling better and more energy. Overall I felt great throughout abstinence until I had dental surgery, that knocked the wind out of my sails and for the last 3 weeks I just didn't get it back again!

I know what you mean about thinking we are eating too much. I think I have today, I had some fat free yeo valley yog with my peanut bar for breakfast, I also had some WW fat free yoghurt with some sugar free jelly after a salad snack at lunchtime then after dinner tonight (fish & salad) I had more sugar free jelly & another WW yoghurt. Hmmm I just don't know whether that is ok or not.

I am going to make a list of questions to ask LLC next week.

Kat xx

Kat my darling

You are doing fine, and you too Becks. The yoghurt is great, it is a new sensation, a new treat, so you try it with everything, when it becomes just another ingredient you will eat a little less of it. I don't think you are eating too much at all Kat. Think about it realistically, what do normal people eat in a day??? You are eating far, far less than that. It just seems like a lot. I was meaning to do this reply in your thread, but since I have stared it here I guess I will continue. Each week when I added ingredients and got more used to eating food,and thus ate more, I had a mini panic attack. But you do get used to it, and it is normal. You are eating nothing "bad" or "wrong" and it is very hard to put on weight with the small amounts you are eating and it is in such low fat, low cal and low gi amounts it will have little if any affect on you. I think the portion size is where I find calorie logging useful. If I think "omg its too much or too big a portion etc" then I can look at the calorific value and you soon realise it is not very much at all. So on very low cal things, you can eat loads and it really won't hurt at all. I also now have a much better idea of what a portion size should be of things - ie 1 whole plum tomato of average size is x calories , a plate of lettuce is y calories. I can now judge it by eye perfectly. And it makes me much more confident to eat without having to weigh everything. I also realised through logging things, that on the days where just ate as I wanted ,then came home and logged it - it ended up as a very normal portion. Not too much, not too little. Sorry this is a bit of a ramble, but just typing as it comes into my head. Expect the brain fart to happen occasionally - but as you realised Kat, by the next day you are calm again and it is all in perspective. Also bear in mind that an average portion of fish in a restaurant is 5/6oz for a normal portion so you are still eating way under.

Hope this helps

Jez
xx

Hi Jez and thank you for that.

I am so obsessed with yeo valley fat free yoghurt it is ridiculous. I look forward to it as much as I do my peanut bar & latte.

I have yoghurt at breakfast, lunch and dinner and even make dips/dressings with it! I also have a good serving of it!

Thank goodness it is low cal and fat free!

Kat xx

Back