Question

willowfire365

Silver Member
Hi, I new to the forum and I wanted to ask a question. I want to start the LT diet but I have to wait to see my GP first but I’m due to go away on holiday in 3 weeks and I was wondering if anyone had experience of keeping the diet going while being on holiday? I don’t know how hard it would be but I’d love to get this started as soon as possible and get some of my weight off! If anyone can pass on any wisdom that would be great!

Thanks X

When i did LT 5 years ago i went to london for a week to visit friends. I was quite happy having my shakes whilst going out to restaurants etc (it was my friends who had the problem with it). i did miss not having a drink in the evenings with them but i kept focusing on the end result.
If you think you can manage it, then you should start? alternatively, go and have a good holiday, just start cutting sown on your carbs intake and start when you get back?

Ive taken my shakes and flapjacks away on short breaks with me and although it felt good to remain "in control" while I was away I definitely felt like I was missing out. I'd be tempted to say leave it til you get back, go let your hair down, eat and enjoy then come back and knuckle down. However, if you are determined and are sure you can stick with the week 1 while you are away then go for it.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Thank you both so much for replying. I've had a bit of a breakthrough today and the pharmacy has said i can go ahead and start so i just had my first shake! I have 3 weeks till my holiday so i think i'm going to see how i get on over the weeks and then try and keep going on holiday! :)

Thank you so much again!

Tc X

Back