quiche

kazpeza

Silver Member
does it taste better with quark or cottage cheese,i do mine with cottage cheese but have a tub of both so wondering what you prefer ?

I use whatever I have to hand, quark needs a lot of seasoning (IMO!) and gives a smoother texture than cottage cheese but both are good. I've also used the smooth cottage cheese which gives a similar texture to quark.
I'd say use whichever's "use by" date is closest!

Lol at Jaylou!

I havent made a quiche out of Quark before, so will try that. I like Cottage cheese with chives and onion when I make a quiche, but I find both of them needs a lot of flavouring.
No help I know, just rambling...lol...sorry!

I find that the quark 'splits' when cooking so not really great stick to cottage cheese or the quarl alternative that they sell in Lidl which is like philly works ok too.

Thank you for the info, I haven't made the quiche yet either and this will be a big help for when I do, thank you.

I have used cottage cheese and quark but I prefer quark as it's smoother.
I beat it really well with the eggs - I use a tub of quark with six eggs, and used like this the quark has never "split" for me.
I do season quite well with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
I use any veg on hand, mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon or ham.
It really tastes yum and I can never make (or eat) enough!!

I find that the quark 'splits' when cooking so not really great stick to cottage cheese or the quarl alternative that they sell in Lidl which is like philly works ok too.

Oh do you know what this is called please and is it syn free :)

Glad this post was on........I had a quiche in the oven and I think I may have forgotton it if I hadn't read this post lol.

I've used both quark and cottage cheese and like both equally.

I'm making it tonight for our dinner tomorrow, and we're having a taster at class so it will be our contribution.

I usually use quark and it's lovely, but have a cottage cheese one in the oven right now, as an experiment. I bought CC specifically to try it to see the difference. Will report my findings after my dinner/tea/supper *delete as appropriate.

Tried cottage cheese. It was ok, but I officially prefer Quark :D

Back