Extra Easy quick easy lunches

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Charlene belfast, 29 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Charlene belfast

Charlene belfast New Member

Does any1 no what I can make for work lunches that's free and tastes good. Just stared slimming world last nite. Or any good substitutes for Mayo. Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. letsgetlosing

letsgetlosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I have cut Mayo out completely and use a yoghurt substitute...i take a small bowl of 0% n. yoghurt,add some garlic powder and mixed herbs and a bit of salt n pepper. I add this now where I would have added Mayo...sandwiches, pastas, etc

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Charlene! This question comes up pretty much on a weekly basis so there are lots of threads with lunch suggestions. I would do a search (go to the blue bar at the top of the forum and click on "search this forum") on lunchbox.

There is also a What's for lunch" thread where people post what they are eating for lunch that day

And check out the food diary section where people post their daily menus.

As for the mayo, you can use hellman's extra light may which is only half a syn per level tablespoon.

Any questions, just shout!
    Good luck

5. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    For lunch I tend to take in salad, with home made syn-free Slimming World Quiche. (You can find the recipe for these on the SW website)

Also "mugshots" are syn-free. If you havent discovered these yet, they are similar to a "pot noodle", except they are served in a cup (like a "cup'a soup"). Very handy if you have a kettle available at work, etc!

Today for lunch I'm going to nip out to the sandwhich shop over the road and get a Jacket Potato with sweet chilli chicken, served with salad. The potato, chicken and salad is all free - although I have allowed 3 syns for the sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns per level tbsp).

If you have a microwave available at work, why not try taking in some homemade vegetable broth? Chunky carrots, potato, leek, turnip, parnsip, peas..and whatever else you can think of to chuck in there! (Particularly nice with bacon bits, and 100% syn free!)

Hope this is of some help. Good luck x

6. Helen Clark

Helen Clark Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.65%)
    Where can you buy the "mugshots" please? Looked in Asda around the pot noodle section and couldn't see them. Who makes them?

Thanks
    Helen

7. solo12

solo12 Guest

They are with cup-a-soups not the instant noodles section - it took me weeks to find em lol x

8. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  9. jen3

jen3 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I take my lunch to work. My fave is cous cous done with a chicken stock cube and mixed with diced salad and half a tin of red salmon on a bed of salad leaves. Everyone comments on how nice it looks. And you can make it the night before and keep it in the fridge

10. Helen Clark

Helen Clark Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.65%)
    Thanks for the heads up on the Mugshots :)

11. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You're more than welcome Helen. I find Asda has the current best price for them.

i think it's Batchelors that do a very similar product. Not as nice as Mugshots in my opinion - I think the pasta goes a bit too slimey but others on here love them. Tesco generally sell them 3 for £1 but not sure if it's still this offer. :wave_cry:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.