Green Days Quick & easy snacks and lunchtime meals

joshtbh

Hi all,

I really struggle with what to eat that's free (I mainly do Green days) for lunch and when I get hungry late at night....I mainly just have

Bachelors Savoury Rice
Sainsburys Vegetarian Ravioli
Uncle Ben's Rices (few syns in those though)

and thats it!! I can't think of anything else thats easy to get up and microwave or have cold. I swear the co-op used to sell pre cooked pasta but havn't seen it for months.

I'm in need of some inspiration, please help!

i have quorn sausage sandwich, sweet chilli pepper stuffed with soft cheese, cheese and beans on toast, eggs - omlette,poached, jacket potatoe

thanks for that :) I could do a Quorn sausage sandwich I suppose and use the bread as a healthy extra, it'd take a bit of prep the night before is the only thing, and I don't get a great deal of chance for stuff like that. Sounds nice though, I tried the cumberland ones yesterday with a bit of fry light sprayed on them, thought they were much nicer than the plain ones.

anyone else got any quick easy (preferably pre-made so I can keep them in my desk drawer) ideas for green day snacks?

My drawer at work is stuffed with pasta n sauce (if you make up with water no butter or milk) low syns, mugshots, cous cous. Sainsburys veg chilli also makes an apperance now and again.

If you make a tomato based sauce and pasta for tea, take it for lunch next day. Or maybe put an extra jacket potato in the oven when making your tea and then heat it up with some beans.

I also bought an omelette maker ages ago in lakelands and i sometimes take this to work and have it with beans, the list is endless.

If you are a pasta fan and want some sauces i will post them on here, i have mushrooms in creamy garlic sauce, pasta arraibata etc.

Hope this helps

Asda chickpea dhal and Batchelors mild curry rice are absolutely fantastic together. They are both syn free and you can heat them in the microwave.

yesterday we had scrambled eggs with oven baked mushrooms and cherry toms.
yummy,filling,syn free on all plans :)

My favourite packed lunch is roasted vegetable couscous. I buy some ready to roast vegetables in a pack (ditch the packet of oil) and roast them then mix with couscous, chopped mint and balsamic vinegar and have it cold or hot for lunch. The flavoured couscous are nice too but most have 1 or 2 sysn per portion. As a snack I like banana mashed onto ryvita (Hex ) or sliced into a muller light banana custard yoghurt.

I tend to make up a salad to take into work for my lunch - takes about 10mins prep in the morning though. Then I add in leftovers or whatever I have in the fridge - new potatoes, rice or pasta (I cook extra the night before) or Hard boiled eggs plus some FF cottage cheese

For snacks in work I tend to stick to fruit, yoghurt and carrot sticks

Store bought pre-cooked pasta wouldn't be free, could you maybe make your own pasta the night before? blitz up some tinned tomatoes with some basil, mix it all together and chuck it in a tupperware pot? take a seperate pot of cheese as a hea, 2 mins in microwave and you got a tasty, syn free, lunch??

must be a challenge though, I take the fact I work at home for granted some times when it comes to preparing meals at work lol...

Good luck :)

ditto cous cous too, what i sometimes do is a wee veggie stirfry with cous cous (the plain stuff that you make yourself) topped with sweet chilli sauce...blue dragons.

thanks for all the great ideas! I LOVE the sound of asda chick pea dhal with savoury rice mild curry!! I will have to go to Asda specifically, isn't it odd how other brands of chick pea dhal aren't syn free? Don't get it, maybe Asda's is fat free?

anyway yes I'll probably try to cook more than normal for tea and take that in, as usually I have rice/pasta/baked potato for tea.

A really quick pasta dish - maccaroni pasta, cooked & add laughing cow cheese triangles & a dash of salt & Pepper, I sometimes use a garlic seasoning I have instead, & then some chopped salad pots, or pea's/sweetcorn. Really yummy!

I always tend to try & make "extra" of our evening meals so it can be reheated for lunch the following day if doing the same plan.

Oh & I can so vouch for the chick pea dhal - I LOVE THE STUFF!! :)

For work I tend to make salad, pasta salad and SW quiche and when I get bored of that I will use my HEXB's and have a sandwich or buy a jacket potato and beans from our canteen.

Back