Quick intro from a newbie!

Mrs 50s

:wavey: Hi all,

I don't know if this is a right place for intros but thought I'd say a quick hello. I have always been overweight and a bit of a yo-yo dieter - I get 'in the zone' and lose a couple of stone, then get complacent and it goes back on. I lost a lot of weight in 2010 and got down to my lightest weight (11st 5lbs and size 10-12 - I am always heavier than expected for my dress size so never get to the magic 'healthy' BMI!) but then in 2011 I had an accident and was unable to exercise for months, then I had an operation to repair the damage done in the accident and so was sofa-bound again. I comfort ate, sat still and put loads of weight on - taking me to my heaviest by this time last year. I got married last Summer and managed to lose a stone before the wedding, which of course, typically for me, has gone back on since the wedding.

I have always avoided diets that involve going to a group because I couldn't face the thought of admitting publicly that I know how fat I am, and am terrified of being the fattest person there. However, I have seen the success that others have had on Slimming World, so I have decided to give it a go. I'll be going to my first meeting on Monday and am a bit nervous! I've decided I'm not going to weigh myself at home at all, because I know I do stupid things like eat early the evening before and do exercise in the morning before weighing myself to convince myself I'm losing weight.

I'll update my current weight after Monday night, but I think I'm over 15 stone :( My initial goal is 13 stone, which still gives me a BMI of 29, but I know I'm a comfortable size 14. I'll re-evaluate when I get there.

Until Monday, I'm going to dig into the forum as learn as much as possible about SW!

Back