Quick question about the healthy extras - I am confused!

tryingtolose

Hello everyone!

I started SW last Monday, so far I really like it even though I think I've only lost something like 0.5kg, but as we all know slow and steady wins the race!

I have a small question about the healthy extras (I am doing Green/Red days), are they supposed to count also in your daily Syn values?! Because if so, with a quick calculation I saw that it's really tough to stay under 15 per day!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

No they are separate to your syns. You have your HEs and still get to have your 15 syns a day :)

tryingtolose said:
Oh my! Thanks a lot! That's also what I thought but it looked too good to be true!
Which unfortunately means that I've been doing my first week the wrong way! I had less than 5 Syns per day!
Thanks a lot!

Bet your happy now tho all those syns to go at

I've had my biggest loss this week of 2lb 10oz and am on my 6th week. I was getting very small losses initially too. keep with it :)

i found that my losses were better once i got into it as i was having alot of hidden syns i didnt realise at beginning also if you dont eat enough it slows weightloss too

I've had my biggest loss this week of 2lb 10oz and am on my 6th week. I was getting very small losses initially too. keep with it :)

Yes, I can understand that. The thing is that you have about 15kg to lose, whereas I have 30....so I think it should be a tad faster! Anyway, I am still going to keep going and see where it takes me!

tryingtolose said:
It's nice to know that I can have more, because doing it as I was, it was really quite restrictive! To be honest though, today, after a week on SW I've only lost 0.5kg, so I am a little disappointed... :(

I know this is a week old thread but how did you get on this week? If you were counting healthy extras as part of your syns and therefore having very few syns, this may have actually hindered your loss.
People sometimes think that by having fewer syns they will lose quicker whereas in fact the opposite is usually true. I was interested to see if you had a greater loss this week by using more syns x

I know this is a week old thread but how did you get on this week? If you were counting healthy extras as part of your syns and therefore having very few syns, this may have actually hindered your loss.
People sometimes think that by having fewer syns they will lose quicker whereas in fact the opposite is usually true. I was interested to see if you had a greater loss this week by using more syns x

Well, the past week I was back home with my parents because I was defending my master's degree (a lot of drama to be shared in another post) and I didn't do Slimming World at all. I came back last night and this morning when I weighed myself I was relieved to find out that I had gained only 0.3kg! For me that's really great, especially since I didn't do the diet and it's almost TOM! But I'm back on track today and will keep you posted!
Thank you for the interest! I really appreciate it! :)

tryingtolose said:
Well, the past week I was back home with my parents because I was defending my master's degree (a lot of drama to be shared in another post) and I didn't do Slimming World at all. I came back last night and this morning when I weighed myself I was relieved to find out that I had gained only 0.3kg! For me that's really great, especially since I didn't do the diet and it's almost TOM! But I'm back on track today and will keep you posted!
Thank you for the interest! I really appreciate it! :)

That's good, glad for you that it was only a small gain and hope things are ok with your masters!
Hope you enjoy your week :) xx

That's good, glad for you that it was only a small gain and hope things are ok with your masters!
Hope you enjoy your week :) xx

Oh they did! I am done! I actually passed it with really great marks! I just have a few corrections to make on the text (I'll do them today) and then print it and I'm done! The drama was with my family, actually more specifically my mother, but I anyway need to vent about that, so I am preparing a more detailed post!

Back