My last weightloss "journey"

Murphtang

I'm done losing weight and dieting. I've been doing it for nearly 14 years, and now all I am is fat. So, I'm doing slimming world, and I'm changing the way I look at food. And I am NOT going to fail again.

Okay, okay, so I'm two days into my lifestyle change, but I feel amazing. I started dieting (again) on the 4th, started slimming world on Sunday (yesterday) and haven't broken the diet once. I'm exercising as well (just running at the moment - feel like I'll overdo it if I start throwing weights into the mix too) and am not drinking alcohol except for at pre-determined events (e.g. my friend and I are going on a spa weekend on the 23rd, and hells yes I am drinking then (because cocktails and champagne!)).

So far, everything is going well. Or seems to be. I've lost between 4lbs and 10lbs (I think this is water weight, so I'll see what my weight says at next weigh in to be sure), and I am feeling healthy. My first goal is to lose at least 20lbs in the next 12 weeks (weight starting 4th Jan was 206lbs, goal weight for the 28th of March is 184lbs). If I can lose more, great, if not, so and steady wins the race! I'm hoping to get down to 140lbs by 40wks into my diet (end of Sept), which would work out as an average of less than 2lbs per week. I think I can do this, and I think 2016 is going to be my year :)

I have no excuses not to do this: I've moved closer to work so I'm not going out to restaurants, I have a support group which is great, and I'm a member of a gym. Even my boyfriend is joining in on the slimming world jaunt, although only for dinner, as I tend to be the one that cooks (through choice - I love cooking :D).

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Back