Quick question plz

Nikinakinoonoo

Finishing what I started
Hi Im thinking about switching over to sw and Im in love with the warburton wrap's at the moment filled with chicken and salad:D

How many sins are in one of these if anyone knows?
Thanks in advance:D

Anyone? ok how would I work the syns out ?

Sorry on phone can't look it up, are tortillas the same? I think they are
In the book it's non branded so a standard wrap 42g us 7 syns but I think you can use some as healthy extras so will be 1 syn.

Thanks x but where can I work it out if I don't go to a class is there a tool somewhere I'm missing? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If the wrap is a ready made sandwich it will work out quite high as ready made sandwiches don't get any free food allowance. Also a wrap is not allowed as a healthy extra so you couldn't deduct any syns either.

Your best bet would be to buy the healthy extra qualifying pita breads and do you own free or low syn filling. I am sure you could easily come up with a substitute.

I am presuming you haven't joined a slimming world meeting yet. Once you do you will get the plan information plus access to the online food diary and syn calculator or you can pay for an online subscription to do it alone.

the only wraps i see online are "White Squarish Wraps, 6 pack, 64g each" which are 8 syns on all plans (sorry to say)

but the chicken and salad would be free- depending on how you cook the chicken, and as long as you take all skin/fatty bits off

Sorry didn't realise abt the HEB as I never eat wraps!
But I was told ready made sandwiches could be synned on the dressing/ spread and wholemeal bread would be a HEB so I'm confused.

A homemade chicken and bacon salad would be free just syn the dressings throw in some cooked pasta/rice/potatoes and still free!

There are no wraps that are a healthy extra. When you have foods that have no free food allowance you can use the formula of 1 syn = 20 calories, so you can work out the syns for the wraps using this method.

57g of wholemeal bread can be a healthy extra B - that works out at about 2 slices of a 400g loaf. Slimming world say that when buy a prepacked sandwich, if its made with wholemeal bread you can deduct 6 syns if using the bread as a healthy extra. This has always confused me, as I dont think the size of the bread would be equivilent to 2 slices of a 400g loaf - they are full size slices of bread so I would assume 800g. But I suppose that would have been taken into account when calculating the syns amount.

When using the syns calculator, the instructions say that prepacked sandwiches have no free food allowance - so you cannot count the chicken in a prepacked sandwich as free. I suppose the theory is that the filling is too small a proportion of the overall meal to count. SW's rules, not mine!

Your best bet would be to join a group or online so that you can get the online access to get your head round this stuff

They dont make any wraps wholemeal enough to count as a HEX I dont think, they don't have enough fibre in to count.

The Warburtons wrap is just a wrap, (not a ready made sandwich-wrap, I think the OP meant to fill it with her own chicken/salad which could be free if without fat etc).

So 8 syns plus whatever s/he puts in it, no HEXs.

Thanks all:sigh: I love the wrap's and yes just wafer thin chicken and salad so 8 syns ouchy :mad:

I have the books as I joined 3 mths ago but couldnt get my head around all the conflicting info so gave up stupidly as I was never hungry,:confused:

so went back to a vlcd(cd) but im binging because I know I cant eat and I really want to just eat excersise and live if that makes sense.

so I suppose I have to go to class or join to get the online calculator is that right?
I love my carbs and I only eat chicken so im scared im gonna get bored and even fatter with pasta all the time:rolleyes:
arghhh why cant I just be thin ;)

Yeah you need to be a member (online or group) to access the calculator. You can usually get someone on here to look up for you if youre not though.

What days do you do, are you EE, Green or what? I hardly ever eat meat except chicken so I stay Green and HEX it, get my 4 HEXes that way. Theres no problem eating lots of pasta and/or chicken, just got to make it interesting and pad it out with superfree stuff where you can.

Yeah you need to be a member (online or group) to access the calculator. You can usually get someone on here to look up for you if youre not though.

What days do you do, are you EE, Green or what? I hardly ever eat meat except chicken so I stay Green and HEX it, get my 4 HEXes that way. Theres no problem eating lots of pasta and/or chicken, just got to make it interesting and pad it out with superfree stuff where you can.

I was trying to do EE I cant seem to get my head around the green tho and hex's maybe I need a one to one to get hold of it lol

I would def try and pop along to a group, even if it is only for a few weeks to get your head around the plan. You will have the consultant to explain it all to you (hopefully) and the support of the meetings.

Back