Quick reply would be great :) Carrot Cake

Wendi

I am about to go and make Carrot Cake. In nearly every recipe using Scan Bran, it tells you to soak it first. However, on the recipe I am about to follow, it does not say that ... Is that correct or not??

The recipe I am going to follow is

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/80496-carrot-cake-slimming-world-style.html

I also checked the online recipe part of SW and it does not say to soak either. I don't want to make it wrong so could some kind person please confirm whether I need to soak it or not.

Many thanks x

Thanks Allie - that would make perfect sense. I'm looking forward to making this so did not want to make a mistake x

I make mine with scan bran & do soak it first just for a couple of mins - the first attempt I made I crushed it & it was like crushing bricks!!!! lol

(haven't read the recipe btw, was replying as quick as I could)

Thanks for the response. It is in the oven now so fingers crossed it turns out ok :)

P.S. Was going to try and 'thank' you both but I can't see how to do it. If someone lets me know, I will do so! x

You don't have enough posts yet to 'thank'
you need 50 posts :)

I see. Well I best get posting on here then! Am sure I can attain 50 by the end of the week! ;) x

It was lovely, thanks! Will do it again tomorrow but will make it like fairy cakes so I can portion it out easier.

Will be seeing what other cakes I can make with scan bran as it turned out so well x

Back