quick simple and cheap

cjade

hey guys,
i am looking for quick simple but cheap meals that are quite filling can anyone give me recipies to get me going getting bored of the ones i have tried now as we get to set in our ways, but both me and my partner are trying to lose a few lbs and get healthy, thank you if you can help, i am new to this site so will go investigate threads now but seeing if people can directly help encase i get distracted by little boy, thanks xx

cjade said:
hey guys,
i am looking for quick simple but cheap meals that are quite filling can anyone give me recipies to get me going getting bored of the ones i have tried now as we get to set in our ways, but both me and my partner are trying to lose a few lbs and get healthy, thank you if you can help, i am new to this site so will go investigate threads now but seeing if people can directly help encase i get distracted by little boy, thanks xx

If you have a look in the recipe sub forum there are hundreds of yummy recipes :)

Pete’s Spaghetti Carbonara (revisited)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1Tsp English mustard
3 Eggs (ff)
4 Slices of smoked bacon, chopped in to strips (ff)
6 “Laughing Cow” extra light cheese spread (1Hea)
8 Sainsbury’s” sweet & spicy” chorizo slices (2syn per person)
200g Spaghetti (ff)

Method

In a dry frying pan cook the bacon until crisp, remove and set aside.
In a pan full of boiling water, cook the spaghetti for 8-10 mins until “Al Dente”, drain and cover.
In the meantime, in a glass bowl, add the eggs, cheese slices, mustard and mix together.
Cook the chorizo sausage, when done add to the egg mix, with the cooked bacon and cooked spaghetti, return to the saucepan and mix well; cook until the eggs have set.

Spaghetti Carbonara-4 (Small).JPG

quorn sausage and bean casserole

chop and frylight 1 onion in large saucepan
add quorn sausages (however many you want - we have 3 each 1/2 syn each)
add tin toms, 2 or 3 tins of superspeed beans (I use buterbeans, baked beans, borlotti beans)
mushrooms quartered or halved depends on size
2 tbsp mixed dried herbs

cook on stove top for 20-30 min, stir frequently

Back