Quicker loss if you eat protien based foods in the evening on the d.plan???

pixar

has to be done this year
This is one thing I keep asking myself and wondered if anyone else has thought of this too> I was wondering if there would be a quicker weight loss when cutting out all forms of carbs in the evening and only eating them for breakfast and lunch.

typical day-
breakfast have cereal or tost = carbs
Lunch have sandwich or pasta or potato = carbs
Dinner have omelete made with cheese and mushrooms with no bread or fry beef with salad, or fry chicken and coat it in yogurt = protien...
I was wondering if using your points in this form of way would speed up the weight loss? as we all know our metabolism slows in the evening and finds it harder to digest carbs, do u reckon it can give a boost eating this way?

Pixar you are doing it again!!! Another thread trying to find a quick solution. There isn't a quick solution. Trust whatever plan your are doing at least for a month or so. It is no good posting one thread to get a short cut, being told their isn't one and then posting another. What is your great urgency? If you are really desperate to get a quick fix, try a calorie controlled diet. Don't want to sound mean but I worry that unless you find a plan which allows you to lose more than the recommended one to two pounds you won't be happy. People are doing WW as they like the plan without tweaking it. Please just give it a go and try it as it was meant to be. xx

I got caught:) yr right brightonrosie I should just take it as it comes, I am very happy with ww, love the plan and the foods i get to eat, I was just asking out of curiosity if people found they had better loss eating protein in the evening rather than carbs, there is so much hype about protein vs carbs nowadays, that u shouldn't eat carbs in the evening, so therefore I wanted to hear peoples opinions on what they thought about this theory.....

:rolleyes: o oh maybe I shouldn't have asked:)

In answer to your question Pixar, though the otehrs are right, I find I don't lose weight unless I eat a diet heavily swayed towards protein. If I eat a diet based on pasta, bread, or potoato I will not lose it. Same if I use my points on rubbish. But you nee to jsut follow WW, then see what happens

When I told my leader I had been eating the WW cakes to use all my points she told me not to and to eat more protein instead!!
She told me I won't loose by building my points up with 'carby' food!!
I'm still eating them and having a glas of milk before bed which uses a few points up

Pixar i wold just follow the plan for a while before tweaking it.
I needed to lose around the same amount as you and im over half way now so i personally love pp, i have totally cut out potatoes,cut down on all carbs and tbh my losses have not changed at all.
If you dont mind me asking when did you start pp, is it not working for you??

thanks for the feedback guys. Starlight I agree with what yr saying I have done sw 4 years back based on green days and did loose an average 2-2.5 pounds a week, so I know eating carbs will give u a weight loss, obviously this I'm not doubting. I was just asking out of curiosity if people lost more weight when they ate less carbs or didn't eat any for dinner> When I used to go to the sw classes, people who did red days seemed to have better losses and there was always a debate to which one works better green or red, so I just wanted peoples ideas and experiences on this topic

Purple rain hi:) oh Im not on the pp, im doing the discovery plan because I haven't got a clue on pp and really don't fancy joining a class to get all the info :) I know its quite similar to the old plan but there has been changes where fruits/ fat free yogurts are allowed. The only problem with that is when I know its free I'm gonna eat lots and lots and feel bloated:) Like I cant limit myself and thats the reason why I just recently left sw, I was piling on too much carbs on one plate to the point my dad looked at me and said i hope u don't gain by eating all that food:D so I prefer having a limit, plus I hear people are moaning that they cant finish their points on pp so I fink a daily point of 20 is perfect...Oh I just started my diet on Monday 7th and already acting like Ive hit plateau :))) I know I'm just stressing and should calm down and go with the flow, already had a few peeps kind of tell me off, but hey I'm open to all opinions:) so no harsh feelings!!!

Oooh right sorry... you should try posting it in the points section, you will get better advice on points there.
Also yogurt isn't free on pp only fruit and most vegetables are 0pp.

why don't you try no carbs in the evenings and see how you go? you own't know until you try :) however, if i was you i'd follow the plan to the letter and not worry about it for the first couple of weeks at least, as you're bound to get a couple of decent losses under your belt. and then if things aren't moving as quickly as you'd like them to, you've got something to try then :)

well said beki, i loved yr answer:) yup thats right, when you feel like its slowing down, try reducing or taking carbs off and see what happens. I take yr word on that one, thanks xx

woops did I post it in the wrong place:(...I just posted it in the ww forum, but I think i should have posted it in the discover place, I'm just getting the hang of this forum as Ive only been here for a week, yup your right, its in the wrong place because the ww plan is now pp and no longer deal with old points, woops:) ohh and isn't fat free yogurt 0 points on the pp?? I read it as 0 points on the ww website, maybe I read wrong

I'm a big believer in cutting down on carbs especially in the evening. I've done alot of diets and pro points is easily the best I've tried but I do like to add in some of the positives from other diets like low carb. I think weight watchers changed the plan to try and encourage eating more protein than carbs as protein takes more energy to burn off and keeps you fuller for longer. So the chances are the weight would come off quicker if you cut down on carbs but you need to ask yourself if that is something you can do as a lifestyle change, it's not all about how fast you can lose it because as we all know it goes back on alot quicker than it comes off. Give it a go but you need to find a permanent balance not a quick fix x x x

Back