quickie about houmous

claireheath22

I love houmous and just been to co-op for some dog food and saw a pot and thought "hey, that won't be to many syns, it's just chickpeas and garlic" little to my knowledge it was 35 syns! Blooming heck!

So my question is if I make my own houmous will it be syned as I am blending the chickpea rather than eating it whole??
:break_diet:

on the site I swear ppl have said there is a recipe AND i think a recipe is in the recipe section if you wanna make own chick :)xxx

1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
Fry Light
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
20-50ml water
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste

Place the sliced red pepper on a baking tray sprayed with Fry Light and roast until softened.
Once the pepper is cooked and cooled, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend, adding more water if necessary to create a smooth paste.
Add salt to taste and serve with chopped up carrot batons or any of your favourite Free vegetable sticks

here you go :) spaceangel to the rescue n she aint even here lol

hth
x

thanxxx

Claire, thanks you are a life saver! I am going to have to through it in the bin coz I keep sticking my finger in it!

Thanks for the recipe! And well done on all the weightloss so far!:eek:

ooh ill have to make some i love it :D

Not sure on the syns but everything in that recipe list seems to be free on red days. Except for the chick peas but 113g boiled weight of them are a healthy extra b. Not sure what the syns are for the rest. Not sure now to work it out x

Back