quorn on the cambridge diet

brooksy

Hi there, does anybody know what quorn food stuffs are allowed on the cambridge diet? ie quorn sausages? I asked my councellor but she didnt know what was allowed, thanks

No to the quorn sausages I'm afraid:( Just the plain quorn, as all the other things contain norty additives, like breadcrumbs etc.

oh thanks for that.so basically the plain chicken type looking stuff?? what mealcaoul i make with that? a mini stir fry with green beans and broccoli?? help lolx

ooh that's a shame i was looking forward to having those sausages, what about the mince is that ok too?

Yes, you can have the mince. I believe some people soak the quorn in the CD Savoury flavouring, then add herbs when cooking to give it some flavour :)

You can have the quorn chicken style pieces, they also do plain fillets but they are really dry and I hated them - so the small pieces are lots better. You can also have the mince, both of them can be found next to each other in the supermarket freezer section x x.

Hi KD,
can you eat Onions or Salmon on the CD? my CDC said you cAn eat more stuff than is in the booklet as long as it is basically green veg or white veg? so onion, beansprouts etc are ok? also what about fry lite? she said a spray of that is ok but I am not convinced it is...:confused:

Hi KD,
can you eat Onions or Salmon on the CD? my CDC said you cAn eat more stuff than is in the booklet as long as it is basically green veg or white veg? so onion, beansprouts etc are ok? also what about fry lite? she said a spray of that is ok but I am not convinced it is...:confused:

No, afraid not...to both onions and salmon..oh and no to beansprouts. The only thing that isn't in the book that you can have is mushrooms (it was accidently left off). Otherwise keep to what is listed. BTW, a little water can be used if you want to 'fry' instead of spraylite (which isn't in the book). It works fine, though I used to use the Forman which was fab.

A big mushroom with cottage cheese on top, grilled is good too. Had that sometimes :)

And another thing. You can have tuna, but make sure it's only tinned tuna, not fresh.

Tinned tuna is classed as a white fish, whereas fresh tuna is oily.

Thanks for your responces. I am a bit annoyed I had a stiry fry last nite with onions and beansprouts in it! as my cdc said that was OK!! The mushroom thing is great as I love them.she also said fresh tuna was ok! I did use water and 1 spary of fry lite but think I will just use water from now on! its really hard when somebody is telling you the wrong thing as i could go and eat alk that i shouldnt and my weight loss may not be good then that would disharten me!

Thanks Linda
x

Back