Extra Easy Quorn, probably a daft question

Shirleen

Gold Member
As Quorn is listed as free on Green and Red in the book is it a Superfree food???

It did used to be, before the Extra Easy plan was introduced - same as Cottage cheese and Eggs.

When the EE plan was introduced, they just became free foods to avoid confusion for those doing EE who need to fill one third of their plates with what is now the current Superfree :D

Nope, just free on both plans! Superfree is just fruit and nonstarchy veggies.

It did used to be, before the Extra Easy plan was introduced - same as Cottage cheese and Eggs.
Very interesting.. Did that mean they were superfree on Red and Green?

The reason I'm wondering, is that I'm a life-long veggie, and the Red plan doesn't really offer me very much except for masses of fruit & vegetables (Which is OK, but really boring). I'm pretty sure that the basic quorn products themselves haven't changed in years, so I wonder if its possible to make a more veggie-friendly Red day using Quorn and Eggs. Even if its not by-the-book any more, I'm sure it must have worked back then, so no reason why it wouldn't still work now :)

Very interesting.. Did that mean they were superfree on Red and Green?

The reason I'm wondering, is that I'm a life-long veggie, and the Red plan doesn't really offer me very much except for masses of fruit & vegetables (Which is OK, but really boring). I'm pretty sure that the basic quorn products themselves haven't changed in years, so I wonder if its possible to make a more veggie-friendly Red day using Quorn and Eggs. Even if its not by-the-book any more, I'm sure it must have worked back then, so no reason why it wouldn't still work now :)

I'm not a vegetarian, but I very seldom eat meat, I generally only eat fish and sometimes chicken, and I used Quorn a lot when I was doing Red days.

Realistically though, using Quorn for Red days is basically the exact same as doing a Green day, except your carbs are limited :D

Me neither! Okay you want to limit pasta and potatoes - but there are so many other free foods on green! There's more to green than pasta folks.

Back