Quorn sausages on ss +?

Are you sure we can have sausages? 810 meal thread sticky and the Cambridge Weight Plan spiral bound book say you can have quorn pieces or mince.

The book doesn't mention sausages and the 810 meal thread has a post from a CDC saying definitely not allowed, full of carbs.

Mandy, I have to confess that's my take on it too - Quorn sausages are a no-no because they contain onion and other carby bits and bobs.

Quorn pieces and mince are fine, but unless someone's heard differently lately, sausages are off the menu.

sorry hun l dont think so

no sausages. just mince and pieces!

Never had a problem with them, if your going to cut quorn sausage out at SS+ for the small amount of carb they do contain you really want to give the chickpeas a miss at the next step. If I had a customer how was carb sensitive then it would be a no.

How do you know if you've ever had a problem with them, though? :) How do you know that you wouldn't have lost more weight if you hadn't eaten them?

Not being funny, honest. It's just slippery slope stuff, having foods that aren't in the plan. It's like saying it's okay to have ham instead of chicken because it's still low carb. Where do you draw the line?

Quorn sausages are not in the allowed foods list. Neither is ham, of course. If someone said that having ham was okay, most of us would take issue with it.

Some of us need to stick to the rules - because straying from them leads us, well, astray. :D

Lily said:
How do you know if you've ever had a problem with them, though? :) How do you know that you wouldn't have lost more weight if you hadn't eaten them?

:D

That's funny you saying that. I almost posted the same earlier in Exante someone said they had powdered sweetener not tablets and it had never affected their weight loss and I though the same. How do you know??? You might be perfectly happy with how much you're losing but who's to say you couldn't have lost more

By never had a problem I mean my customers quorn sausage do have a higher carb content then the "chicken" but it is still quorn, you are the one to decide if you are carb sensitive and want to pick the items on the list that are lower not me. But guide lines say "quorn mince pieces!" But you accept and eat "Quorn pieces" ie chicken not mince?

AnnieAnnie said:
They are 2 separate things - Quorn pieces & Quorn mince. It's just badly worded in the book.

To true the book says Quorn and only gives one eg "mince pieces" it's the same with the fish 230g cod, haddock or other white fish. My customers don't buy the bags of frozen fish that say "white fish" they eat Basa, sea bass ect. White fish is any white fish and Quorn is Quorn until they tell me "but not sausage" or Quorn meat balls come to that lol

quorn is a product that is a lovely protein food made from mushrooms combined by egg. there are 2 types of pure quorn. mince and pieces.

any other type of quorn

burgers
sausages
etc

have been modified and other things added to them.

1200 step is the first time you can encounter burgers (and most likely sausages). sausages have onion and other things added to them (salt flavourings etc) to make them tasty.

only quorn in it's purest form is edible on the 810 plan. there's so much you can do with the quorn that sausages are really not needed at this stage and you're still firmly into the weight loss stage not the maintenance stage.

Here's a copy of the 810 page. Can you see the comma between pieces and mince! This indicates 2 separate entities!

Attachments

• image-1836955711.jpg
    image-1836955711.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 236
great things said:
Here's a copy of the 810 page. Can you see the comma between pieces and mince! This indicates 2 separate entities!

Yes that the old book

image-904508527.jpg

Also the prawn has changed and the veg allowance

great things said:

Also looking at 810 if you have your chickpea allowance your having 27g of carb per 100g against 14g carb in 100g of quorn sausage.

Mama22, am I right in thinking you're a CWPC? Maybe you could clarify with Head Office for us? It's all a bit confusing, to be sure.

Edited to add: I wonder if it's all about carb content anyway, because you're absolutely right about chickpeas of course. So maybe it's just as much about the amount of protein in the items on the list as it is about carbs.

It is all a bit odd, but according to the CWPCs on the 'other forum' (on the official CWP site), quorn sausages are a no-no (I just logged in and did a search on recent quorn sausage posts! :D)

Last edited:
Lily said:
Mama22, am I right in thinking you're a CWPC? Maybe you could clarify with Head Office for us? It's all a bit confusing, to be sure.

Edited to add: I wonder if it's all about carb content anyway, because you're absolutely right about chickpeas of course. So maybe it's just as much about the amount of protein in the items on the list as it is about carbs.

It is all a bit odd, but according to the CWPCs on the 'other forum' (on the official CWP site), quorn sausages are a no-no (I just logged in and did a search on recent quorn sausage posts! :D)

Lily yes I am and on the official CWP site you will stumble across a cwpc but most are just for a better word "users" I will put an email in in the morning but the new book splits things a little clearer (not 100%) it's you own cwpc that needs to follow the training and update, hope I haven't confused things for you but I will answer any questions that can't wait for your cwpc. Each cwpc runs this as they see fit i.e. groups, 1-2-1 ect but should follow training and refreshers as they are sent each month ect

Mines the newest book out. The ring binder type one.

Back