Race for (MY) life...

I have signed up to do it with the girl from my work and it has given me the boost I need to re assess my weight... again... I have joined slimming world maybe 4 times now each time losing a half stone and then deviating away from the plan for one reason or another.

I am now settled in a job a love, living with the man I love and life is going fantastic-ly!

I have just been accepted onto a degree programme starting in a month...

Now my next challenge is my weight. There is a meeting that starts 30 mins after I finish work 10 mins walk from my work on a Monday night, tomorrow I am going to walk in there and start my weight loss journey. This time its going to be for real.

I am 21 and weigh 14 stone. I am disgusted with myself for letting my weight creep up. I know there will be a lot of people reading this with much higher weights and in no way do I want this to offend, this is about my personal weight gain, there is no real reason for it, just greediness and laziness. I have put on at least a stone a year in the last five years and I know that if I don't change my ways now I will end up ruining my life...

I want to wear nice clothes and feel happy when leaving the house. Not dressing in jeans that hurt me and covering the gap where they should close by wearing my boyfriends baggy hoody's.

I am going to suceed. I am going to be fit and healthy and not walk the race for life as originally planned but run it. By July with a 2lb a week weight loss I could be nearly 3 stone lighter.... and my god would I love to be 11st... My Bmi tells me I'm morbidly obese. I can't do that to myself.

Who can help me do this? I am going to need all the help I can get... anyone else with a similar target????

I look forward to meeting you here...

Lucy x

P.s. I'm scared.

Last edited:
Hi Lucy,

I have 10 stones to lose, but whether you need to lose 10 stones or llbs, the psychology behind it is still the same.

Let me know if you would like to buddy up.

Rozie.

Hi Lucy

I started out the same weight as you. I have been doing SW since last year (i have a slimming buddy that i go to class with :)) and have lost some but i have a similar target to you that i want to achieve. i want to lose 2 stone before August time as i have my graduation around that time. I know that 2lbs isn't possible for me a week (as i loose weight slowly) but will try and aim for 1lb a week.

Good luck with your weight loss journey and hopefully we can support each other in this weight loss journey :D Plus everyone on this forum is supportive so if you have any questions then just ask and someones bound to answer/help out :)

P.s. I'm 21 soon too :)

Last edited:
Hi Lucy,

I've just signed up for the race for life with my friend too. I'm hoping it will be something to aim for and get me out jogging more often!

Why don't you start a food diary on here? I started one a few weeks ago and it helps me keep on track. It sometimes just helps to write things down I find.

Good luck on your journey!

Laura :)

Back